Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What a night. Tonight during the low tide, Jason Rob and myself hit a total of 3 beaches.

The first one we hunted for 1.5 hours before security showed up and stopped the fun. It was looking good too... having netted about 1,500 yen before he showed up. Ah well...

Beach 2 was such a disappointment that i won't go into any details here.

Beach 3 was the ticket...

Rob heads to the right. Jason heads to the center. And I head to the left.

My first signal is a deepy.... 2 scoops had it out and I pull out a nice 18K band. Now THAT'S how it's supposed to be!!!! :whip2:

About 10 minutes later I get this great sound from a deep target. It's a higher tone, so I'm thinking it's a deep silver ring or a 100 yen coin.
After much struggling with the hole and the subsequent filling in by the surf, I give up.

I gather my thoughts and struggle with the hole once again about 10 minutes later. I scoop, and scoop, and scoop some more. Just as I'm checking the dirt pile, I get this awesome LOW tone. "Where the Hell did THAT come from?"
Low and behold, a second 18K band made it's presence.

By now, the hole had completely filled back in.... with that high tone still at the bottom of it. I get Rob to come give me a hand digging that hole back out. 2 Sunspot Stealth's are better than one right? :laughing9:

After much work and constant digging, we manage to find the target.... a big flat Pepsi can about 2-3 feet deep. But had it not been for that can, I never would have found that second ring...

So here's my booty for the night:

3,806 yen $50
3 silver rings
1 crapper ring
silver pendant
2 18K bands

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.

012-1.jpg

011-4.jpg

010-6.jpg

013-3.jpg

014-1.jpg

Upvote 0

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeowza! That island is just loaded with the loot ... Maybe time for a road trip!! Nice hunt! :headbang:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two gold day is awesome! Congrats.

Goldinwater

Nov 1, 2007
Hurst,Illinois
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Stingwray,Cz20, Excaliber, Spectrum xlt, Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post , Bobbypins...interesting story on that Pepsi can/gold ring adventure :headbang:

I would love to see that crown silver ring cleaned..I like that one!

Lorraine

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
I am simply in awe of the 18ct plunder - I cannot imagine beach "security" in Aust (although it does exist minimally in a few places)- the people own the beach here, holding us back would be lethal :whip2:

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Smoogle said:
I am simply in awe of the 18ct plunder - I cannot imagine beach "security" in Aust (although it does exist minimally in a few places)- the people own the beach here, holding us back would be lethal :whip2:

This time of year I don't normally see a lot of security, but it happens at times. There's no rule against detecting anywhere, it's just not a well understood hobby, and that makes it a profitable one for those that do detect :laughing7:

I'd love to visit Australia for some deep outback gold hunting. 8)

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check e bay on that T&CO ring bet you can get a better prem. than melt off it that way great score on the double gold :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread