Six hours beach hunting produces almost nothing.

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, here's the good, the bad, and the ugly.... The best find was either that star junk jewelry piece with abalone shell, or the shoe charm... However the matchbox car isn't too bad along with the clad. Also, the next time I go fishing... well... I'll be set!

I really went slow tonight and gridded off rows by dragging my foot as I went along, at one of the busiest beach areas in my area. Still I found almost nothing for the most part. My back sort of aches now.

One thing is for sure... It was a great night to hunt on the beach, even without finding anything good... The moon was full and no flashlight was even needed! I think I'll try a different beach tomorrow. The Florida beaches are really socked in!

Attachments

• 2:7:126hrBeachfinds.jpg
    2:7:126hrBeachfinds.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 789
Upvote 0

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hear this, in Jan I scored well, but Feb rolls on (gotta be the quote of the year so far - bobbypins planned plundering because - "that is how I roll" - I found that very funny for some reason?) and I'm getting skunked despite really putting myself into some likely areas - several gold plate heartbreakers, no rings, but good amounts of green crusties = back to it tomorrow cause I won't be beaten... and neither will you.... there is gold on them there beaches! :hello:

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't feel too bad, I went to a Sarasota beach Monday for 5 hours and found only some small pieces of aluminum trash and 2 quarters. Your day was much better.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1869er, I have to tell you ...that is much, much more than what I've been finding lately. :hello2:

I can't even seem to pull up a car these days. :help:

Lorraine

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its the time of year. Not as many beachgoers, even though this season has been unusually warm.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The answer to your question can be found under: Ft Lauderdale golden mile is a bust anyone know why ? :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions