Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a How to Video, I'm not doing this as a side.
With more hunters coming out to the beach, one needs every advantage and this is a inexpensive way to stay EQUAL for about 25 Dollars compared to hundreds you would spend on similar.
A excellent upgrade for Old and New water detectors. Tested several sets of Peltors over the last 3 years, The 98's (NRR25), 101's (NRR 27), and by far the Best, the Peltor 105's with a (Noise Reduction Rating of 30db), these have a extra shell insert to block more amblient noise, (ruff waves, sea gulls, human generated back ground noise, etc) allowing for better audio, and faint targets to be heard. I chose the Excalibur because it has the poorest quality head phones, with a weak grip, and poor NRR of 12+db. This would work great on the older CZ's and PI machines allowing those weak deep signals to be heard. The 105's come in the standard R/B color and also offered in a HI VIS...., this upgrade will Void any warranty...

Good luck, hope this simple guide will increase your treasure...............OBN

Attachments

• SNAG-0006.jpg
    SNAG-0006.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,323
Upvote 0
OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Friend just sent this too me, He did the mod last year...

He had a crack on the secondary piezo buzzer cable of his excalibur...salt water seeped in, no audio now...make sure to check all your cables, they have to be 100 percent water tight...Inspect all for Nicks, cuts, cracking cable... Good Luck....

Attachments

• 6ce4c485.jpg
    6ce4c485.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 947

mcscs

Apr 12, 2010
fla
Great job OBN , hey Steve I made a couple of pairs with OBNs guidance. With The harbor freight headsets they're very well made all screwed together so they come apart fairly easy. There are very thick so the drill holes hold up and are easy to fill. And nine dollars is nice maybe 12 I forget they were the more expensive of the two types the cheap ones not so good

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OBN, EXCELLENT post and instructions, thank you!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will probably be a while until he posts again, since his last post was almost 4 years ago.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread