BigRichDownTheShore

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2012
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New guy here. I started reading the posts here in September and I love it. I live down the Jersey shore and have been thinking about about detecting the beaches. On Christmas Eve, after early mass I took my wife and son to Ocean Grove to check out some of the artsy shops. While we were there my little guy wanted to check out the beach. In the summer he's constantly in the water. The weather was great so we took a walk. I have an old milk bottle full of sea glass and I'm always adding to it. In the tide line pile of broken shells and pebbles I found a small 10k hoop. No detector...Is this a good omen? I hope so because I just ordered an ACE 250. Hopefully the Bennies will be generious this summer. If anyone has any advise I'd appreciate it. Thanks for reading.

Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you are starting out just fine, BRDTS :headbang:

Nice goin' on the 10K hoop..would love to see a pic of it . :icon_sunny:

Good luck with the ACE 250

Lorraine

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Big Rich, its a lot of work, but it is worth it. You will get frustrated, and want to quit, many do. But it is the thrill of finding something that drives us. You never know what you will find.

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It starts innocently. Next thing you know you've got the fever! The treasure hunting fever!!!

The Ace 250 should work just fine on the dry sand part of the beach. That's the good news! here's the not so good news: If you want to hunt wet sand NJ beaches you're gonna need a different machine. Most of us use what are called multi frequency VLF dectectors. Detectors made by Minelab are the number one choice on NJ beaches. The least expensive of these also happens to be one of the best, the Sovereign GT. It lists for about $1000, so something to think about if you want to take the next step. In the meantime give the Ace a workout, not only on the beach but at the local parks, woods etc.

Good luck!!!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Congratulations on your "eye" detector 10K loop. Amazing what you can find with these inexpensive aides. Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
BigRichDownTheShore

BigRichDownTheShore

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2012
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to Lorrain, Stevemc, captiandoug, tjc45 and Tuberale for replying to my post. Now just waiting on the UPS guy.

Buff4

Feb 14, 2012
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 - W/Stealth 8 - Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a little guy also (6 years) and just being able to enjoy an outing at the beach will be a "Bennie".
Nice find, and best of luck if you do decide to jump into this wonderful hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread