Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The air option?
Larger engine used to supply the air?
How much would it add to the over all weight?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bumpstick said:
The air option?
Larger engine used to supply the air?
How much would it add to the over all weight?

Yeah, you'll need about 2 extra horsepower for the compressor.
Brownie T-80 pump with resevior and 30 feet of hose and regulator might add about 10 to 15 more pounds.

OP
OP
coin_diver

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, xl500 (27 yrs) XLT (17 yrs)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes, it will add 12# and nearly $500 for the 3.5 engine and compressor. BTW, the t-80 compressors are no longer made and will either offer the Keene or have them made directly overseas. However, I felt that it would obscure the real purpose of the machine.

I may offer another OHV base engine for a $150 reduction.

Oldhunter67

Aug 21, 2009
Central, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV, Whites 6T, Garrett AT Pro ( Have used DFX, XLT, Fisher, Garretts )
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the privilege of using the coin vac ( small unit ) while doing my shore hunting on small lakes and streams with swimming holes. ( There a plenty in Ny State ) . Compared to placing a scoop near the pinpointed target ( always bumps the head or back of the coil ) and then stepping on the scoop until its as far as it will go and then dragging this back and forth and finally raising it to either shake it out in a dump box or shake it until the sand is gone is a lot of work. When you use the coin Vac ( notice I said Vac not dredge) you simply place the nozzle at the pinpointed site and suck it up until the target no longer exists. No lifting, no tilting it back and forth and no damage to the coil from the sharp edge of the scoop. Recovery time is minimal compared to the Scoop and a lot less back breaking. The size of the hole is minimal as I could drag my foot over it and fill with sand. That being said its nice to shut down and go look into the recovery basket and see what you have retrieved but you don't have to do that until you feel like it and then you can just pull the catch drawer out and it unhinges and dumps. Bring it back up and push it in and your on your way again. The basket on the other end is good for dumping the trash in..bottle caps, nails, broken glass and what not. Fatigue is reduced considerably and I'm 70 years old..that's a bonus for me. When Mike asked me to try it out I figured I had nothing to loose and as far as I am concerned he has put a lot of thought into this unit. It is a Vacuum not a Dredge!..That's the neat part about it. Kudos to your Coin Vac..it does what its suppose to do and is light and well thought out..Im buying one cuz its a heck of lot easier than scooping and I cover a lot more territory..Thanks Mike !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread