HawaiiMDer

Jul 31, 2009
Kapolei, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field and Minelab Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
White's Dual Field Peltor Mod???????

Is it possible to do the Peltor mod for White's Dual Field like the Minelab Excalibur? I haven't seen anyone post saying they have. I have a new Dual Field and an Excalibur again and am interested in replacing both with the Peltors.

Thanks,

Ken

Upvote 0

h2ojunkie

Jul 7, 2010
Honolulu
Detector(s) used
Excal II, DF
Re: White's Dual Field Peltor Mod???????

I've considered it (did the mod to my Excal) but the DF headphones seem very different from the Koss headphones. The DF gives off such a hard hitting signal anyway...I would think with the Peltors you'd end up with permanent hearing loss. Might be nice to hear whispers though. God knows how deep that might be.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I am sure you could do the same thing that OBN showed with White's UW detectors. I have 2 White's PIs and the earphones do suck. They dont clamp on tight, and dont block out a lot of outside noise. They come off easily underwater, if there is current or any waves. And harder to hear underwater. I was thinking of doing the conversion to all my water units. When I get a day off! See OBNs post on doing it, he has a very good detailed video.

OP
OP
H

HawaiiMDer

Jul 31, 2009
Kapolei, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

stevemc said:
I am sure you could do the same thing that OBN showed with White's UW detectors. I have 2 White's PIs and the earphones do suck. They dont clamp on tight, and dont block out a lot of outside noise. They come off easily underwater, if there is current or any waves. And harder to hear underwater. I was thinking of doing the conversion to all my water units. When I get a day off! See OBNs post on doing it, he has a very good detailed video.

I'll look at his posts. Hopefully he has one for the White's machine. Ridiculous any manufacturer would produce a water machine with headphones that don't stay on when you dive with it. Dumb i tell you.

Ken

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Ken
I built a set with a vidcam just for the DF, with my regular setup (HP's) the DF's audio is just to low to capture those faint drop outs that CraigPI speaks of on extreme fringe targets.. so I custom built a set to capture the audio/video of the DF...... I have pics of the DF HP's and it looks very easy to do. Here is the set I built for the DF, these have the 50mm piezo (L), and 30mm(R), and the Bulgin mini Bucaneer waterproof connectors....this set can be changed out to my other detectors as well. The reason for the two different size Piezo's, each produce different Frequencies, with different Sound Pressure Levels..Both together gives a fuller range of audio, allowing more info on the target. Hopfully, I will put all this to good use once retired in a few years.

Pic of the stock DF HP's inside..looks easy

Attachments

• DSC_8918a.jpg
    DSC_8918a.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 791
  • DSC_8917a.jpg
    DSC_8917a.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 656
  • DSC_8521.jpg
    DSC_8521.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 784
OP
OP
H

HawaiiMDer

Jul 31, 2009
Kapolei, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Thanks OBN!!! I'll review your youtube videos to figure this thing out.

Ken

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
This is an old post. :) I try to read all about DF.
OBN may i ask your experience about this DF modification?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU DO KNOW THAT THERE IS A SOUND ADJUSTER FOR THE PI PROS INSIDE THE BOX?
THAT I THINK DOUBLES THE REGULAR SOUND - ITS EASY ENOUGH TO MAKE A CHIN STRAP FOR YOUR HEADPHONES
THOUGH I DONT KNOW WHY WHITES AND FISHER CAN NOT MAKE SOME THAT FIT BETTER/TIGHTER - SEEMS LIKE ASIMPLE FIX FOR THEM

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper I found your caps lock button while detecting on the beach :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread