DSC05185.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 549
Upvote 0

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Is that the way it come up out of the ground or did you have to clean it up first? Silver usually turns black in a salt environment after much time. Of course it could be a real cob that was purchased at a gift shop by a tourist and then lost at the beach. If it doesn't say copy on it, I would lean toward real. HH

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Take a clearer picture of both sides, and put it on the cob section above, just under shipwrecks. I cant tell from the pics, but it looks like a fake, but again, I cant tell from the blurry pics. If you took these pics from a mirror, than maybe it is not a fake, otherwise everything is backwards and it is fake. Mint on wrong side, Hapsburg shield all opposite, everything is opposite, lions and castles wrong, everything. But if you did do some kind of a reverse picture then maybe. Plus there are many guys that can tell you up there. Do take some better pics. It should weigh 27 or 28 + or - grams. Steve.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That's better, I knew it was either backwards, or a complete fake. How did you get the pics backwards? Post this on the Spanish Cobs forum, just under Shipwrecks.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
From these pics, I think it is still a fake, but do put it over in the Spanish Cob section.

OP
OP
diggingit

diggingit

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might have reversed the other pics while editing them for posting.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you take a picture of the edge. I got one in 2009 a 1/2 mile North of the Pier at The Great Southern Beach Shoot out and it was a Fake. Mine look almost like yours. Good luck on it.!!

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Assayer looks like a D, there were 2, one in 1600s and one in 1700s. But I still think it is fake. Get a weight. I am sure it is a fake, too much stuff filled in, and just looks like a bad fake. Post it up in the Spanish Cobs area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions