baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is probably a really stupid question, but I am fairly new to shallow water hunting. Our lake that was so low and so much fun to search is now above normal. I hunted it really often when it was low. Will the waves and rising water move things that were buried and missed so I can find them if we have another drought? Or do I have to wait until more are lost? :) Thanks!

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no stupid questions. We all started somewhere. Unless your lake has tons of wave action to move sand around things should stay about where they are. They might sink deeper or be covered up more but not travel. When you were searching what used to be deeper water when the lake was low, the other stuff is still where the shallows were before it lowered. Go at it and have fun. When the weather warms up and swimmers return fresh drops can be anywhere as always. Cover your holes even in the water.

OP
OP
baylorhall

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much. I hunted the dry area as well when the lake was low, so I guess I will just have to wait until next summer! Sure was fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread