florida replenish dates

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
so what is the consensus on when finds start to pickup down here.

i know a ton depends on the weather but if you had to guess a date,

when would you say.

i am a snowbird ,no doubt.

ive been talking to others and there seems to be quite a number that

are at lest thinking of leaving early due 2 record warmth up north.

and some that stayed home period.

if its the spring break that rescues finds than that could be soon enuf.

if itsnot til may/jun im outta luck

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think anyone here is going to give a good date for replenishing the beaches. I'm not being mean or anything ,but Gold is so hard to find this year,I would say that every one down here doesn't want any one from up north to come down and leave with our Gold Ha Ha.Now because I am a good person I would say From Jan.1 to Dec 31 is ok with me.Now if this doesn't help you e-mail for the truth.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The gold is already there. The sand needs to be washed away. Yes, new drops will happen of course, but you just cant wait for that to happen. I talked to a guya few weeks ago and he was up in the parking lot when I was leaving, he was detailing his truck and doors were open, saw his Excal laying on back seat. It was a negative low tide and I had hunted it for a few hours, and there were sevral people out there still. I asked him if he had been out, or getting ready to go out, since I hadnt seen him, I assumed he just got there. He said he was waiting for the rich people to come out to the beach. He said those people out there will only find junk. I was blown away to hear someone would wait for rich folk to dropsomething out there. Crazy! You need to find an area that has washed away the sand.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know what to say - 9 out of the last 10 trips i took to Fla. I found gold
and the one time I did not I got a money clip with $100 in it and a lot of silver
so anytime is good for me
when the sand gets blown out - there is older gold
if not I go for the fresher drops
and the guys I hook up with usually do pretty good too
most places I like a nice low tide - down in Fla.
I do just as good on the high ones
especially at the shallower beaches - I dont like hitting a low tide
where I am sticking out of the water - those spots I would rather hit at high tide
and most times i am alone - cause all the locals guys hit the low tides
http://www.flickr.com/photos/casper-1/
this album just has some of my finds on it - you can look for some of my Fla. finds
on it if you are bored

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
From the posts I am seeing the Great Lakes are producing better then our beaches right now. We have had no fronts this winter to move any sand. If you want to wait around for fresh drops that will happen when the water temps get back to the 80's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread