aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
4th Annual Treasure Hunter's Cookout!

O.K. Guys,
We're having another cookout so all of us with an interest in treasure hunting can get together and share our stories, knowledge, lies, etc. In the past, some good partnerships have evolved and at the very least you can finally put a face to those you've been talking to here on Tnet. The big difference this year is that I'm having it at the Pennwood Motor Lodge in Wabasso and I intend to share some of the wealth (expense) with all you guys. This thing has managed to double in size every year and I am a poor treasure hunter on Social Security. I want to see this event continue and grow, but I'm simply not a rich guy, nor can I reach into that basket and keep pulling out the bread, fish and wine, if you know what I mean. So the first big change I'm making is "BYOB"! I had a full Keg and a whole bunch of beer of brands that I don't drink go to waste last year. So, I'm asking that if you want alcohol, and it ain't Budweiser, just bring it! I still have to figure out how to share the food expense. I'll let you all know when I know... I've made arrangements with the manager of the Pennwood to have as many as 25 rooms available for a discounted rate of $60.00 a night. If anybody feels this is too much, just remember that a DUI is over $10,000. I figure it's about what is spent at Outback for dinner. The phone number for the Pennwood is(866)-742-9240 or (772)-589-3855, ask for Virginia and tell your with the Treasure Hunters group so you can get the discount.
Now, last year, a few close friends have helped me pull this off. Some took care of the beer the last time, some of the food and some friends that weren't so close, brought stuff. Dell even sponsored a raffle and donated his cool stuff to offset costs. Believe me, I am doing these cookouts because, after 20 some years of being around this bunch of great people, I saw that all we needed was a casual place to get together. The reason I chose the Pennwood is for several reasons. First, some of the original group of 1715 treasure hunter's stayed here, as did I back in the early 90's and have stayed here religiously every time I come down. They have a Pavilion, in case of rain, they have a pool to cool off in and show some of our landlocked TH'rs the beauty of SCUBA. We have a bunch of instructors among our group that can introduce SCUBA to those that are curious (No Charge, just for Fun). The grounds are all shaded and bottom line, my septic system at my house had just about reached it's limit.LOL.
Now, every group needs a leader. I'll be that person only for the same reason I did it before... Some folks wanted to pick and choose who could attend. I won't stand for personal grudges and petty B.S. As I've stated in the past, anyone interested in treasure hunting is welcome. Leave your grudges at home and enjoy the company we've already experienced in the past. Well, I've got the women waiting for me to take them to Holly & Dolly's, so put April 28th on your calendar. This may be the best chance you'll have to meet all your cronies!
Aquanut

Upvote 0

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 4th Annual Treasure Hunter's Cookout!

WOW!! Sounds like a blast!!

I will try hard to make it and I WILL bring something to share :icon_pirat:

Aaron

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Will mark it down! Will be taking advantage of the free scuba!
Hows your partner doing that used to have the picnic/Gettogether?
Chuck.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

seeker41 said:
Will mark it down! Will be taking advantage of the free scuba!
Hows your partner doing that used to have the picnic/Gettogether?
Chuck.
That's Brad (Deepsix47) He'll be there making the Gumbo!

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

You know John, I never had the gumbo last year, I guess I was too busy talking. I wanted to talk to Brad, but either I was busy yacking or he was. Maybe I will get to talk to him and a few others I didnt talk to last year. Seemed like it went too fast. I will think up something good to bring. Steve.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

That's great Steve. I plan on sticking around the following day and maybe show some folks where to beach hunt in the area or something like that...
Aquanut

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A year hasn't gone by has it? ;D ;D
I think I will be able to make it again, I mean someone has to bring the decals and ??

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

You better be there Bill! It was great meeting you last year. Like Stevemc said, It goes too fast. Maybe sometime it'll develop into a weekend party and we can spend more time together. It's tough trying to get a meaningful conversation going when you got a hundred of them started! I intend to stay until Monday morning and anyone staying overnight can continue the party with me the next day.
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
17 days!
Check the shipwreck forum for updates. I'll need a head count of all those coming!
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Well Guys,
So far this is a list of who says they're coming:
Old Man, Treasure_ Hunter, Comfortably Numb and Helen, Whitefeather and Sherene, Wreckdiver's wife Theresa, stevemc, Capthawk and Mama Jo, Fisheye and Frank, Les Savege +1, The Seeker and 2, Scubafinder, Salvor6, Lauren, Browns11, Dell & Trudy, Mad4wrecks and Monica, Florida Bill, Scubatreasure, Ivan Salis, Trembull, Signumops, Randy, Louise, Denise, Travis, Joe Tinney, Syd & KT Jones, Joel Ruth, Terry Tate, The Koenings, Dan Wukits, Tgers2 & Barbara, Vacalava and wench, Deniss, Mitch1FL, Graffixgirland Lisa, Ropesfish and wife, twiprodoo1, Flagal & Don, aquanut & Deb, Stpauli914 and seeker41+1. There are a few maybes at this point. Now we are close enough that I think if you are coming, you can commit! So let us know. There are a few people that are willing to help out, but we need to know know if you're going to make it or not. Don't leave my friends hanging. We're talking about tables, food, drinks and everything it takes to put this together, we just need to know how many and how much. Right now, I'm looking at 55 to 60. Hell, I had about 100 last year... Let's PARTY and get this season off to a good start!
Aquanut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread