Minelab Excalibur II or Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II ?? HELP

USTreasureClub

Oct 16, 2010
:o

Hi,

I've been on the phone with Kellyco and Garrett all day trying to figure out which Saltwater / Water / Beach Detector to purchase. I just sold my White's Surf PI because the detector was horrible. The double / dual field coil was the worst thing White's could have added and to top it off, you cannot change it. I constantly got signals on the beach with the PI but the main problem is, unless you have multiple hours to keep sifting the detector from side to side trying to find out if the signal is coming from the center of the coil, the outer coil or both, your day is wasted. At times on the beach and in the water, I would get hits, I would then sift my detector from side to side, as every person knows, doing this in the water with the waves and current blasting at you takes a steady hand. The issue is trying to pinpoint the buried object. Like I told Kellyco, the detector is flawed in the sense that if the object you get the signal on is coming from just outside the large coil, you are constantly sifting the detector from side to side trying to figure out which coil, center or outer, the signal is coming in from. What a total waste of time. My company has been detecting for many years, we have never wasted more time trying to pinpoint an object in the water or on land. As many reading this post will agree with, the large coils are a waste of money and time. You could end up spending 1 to 5 minutes trying to pinpoint each target underwater or on the beach due to the fact that you do not know which coil is picking up the object, like I said earlier, is the signal coming from the center or outer or both. I had the detector for almost 2 years, all I found in Rhode Island was a small ring with low value (Picture Attached). As many know, Rhode Island is surrounded by water. Amazing to say the least, We should have found thousands in gold and silver. So, here I am again trying to pick a detector worth our time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best of luck to all finding treasure!! Thank you

Attachments

• IMAG0299_resize.jpg
    IMAG0299_resize.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,470
Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

USTreasureClub

Oct 16, 2010
Re: Minelab Excalibur II or Fisher CZ-21 ?? HELP

Hi,

Thank you for all the responses. I am down to 2 detectors after reading up on them. I did read several articles on the Lost Treasure website. I can say this, from reading both articles, the Minelab Excalibur II still comes out the winner. I read the CZ-21 article today, they hardly found anything good with the detector. I then went back and read the article on the Excalibur II, a lot was found in the water. So, your responses would be much appreciated. Both detectors are around the same price give or take a few hundred. I can buy the Excalibur from an undisclosed dealer for $1,199.00. I have not checked to see what my bottom line is on the Fisher CZ-21.

Thanks again!!

Happy Hunting...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread