been off sight for awhile. going to Miami in three or four weeks....

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
I have a new excalibur that is begging me to break it in. Can any members of this area suggest a reasonably priced hotel not to far from the beaches that is safe to stay at? I have a few weeks vacation built up and plan on seeing quite a bit of Florida while there. Thanks for any help in advance. Hope everyone on this forum hasn't forgotten me, just get so busy with other things during the winter months.

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
About 10-11 years ago I went to the Miami Boat show and stayed at a motel North of South Beach, in Miami Beach, on the beach, dont remember the name, and older motel, and prices werent bad. North of the Fountainblue a little. Look around, should be able to get a good place for a good deal. Spring break might be over by then. Maybe do a search for motels on Miami Beach.

OP
OP
search and recovery

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Thanks for the reply Steve. Just haven't been that far south before. Like so many on this forum, the detecting is more important than a fancy hotel. After spending the winter stuck inside here in N.C. I have the detecting bug really bad. I used to relic hunt but the water detecting has become my number one obsession.

OP
OP
search and recovery

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Thanks Chris. Good to here from you again. Why not take a week or two and come on down to Florida to do some hunting. :icon_thumleft: I am sure there has to be some gold left for us out of state tourists! :icon_pirat: :'(

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
search and recovery said:
Thanks Chris. Good to here from you again. Why not take a week or two and come on down to Florida to do some hunting. :icon_thumleft: I am sure there has to be some gold left for us out of state tourists! :icon_pirat: :'(
Saving the time for when Marsha gets her vacation,going to Arizona this Fall.Thanks for the invite though!!Sure do hope you find the BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread