Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking for any info on the single underwater earphone that slips under the mask strap or into the diver's hood made for the JW Fisher Pulse 6X and 8X detectors. Got a couple divers that want this setup for there excaliburs. Looks easy enough to make but any details would be a great help on setting up their machines for this. Having some endcaps made so Ikelite connector can be used to change out the clip on single speaker to the stock or custom headphones. One of the biggest questions I guess would be is it a speaker or a Piezo Buzzer. Both would work, but the Piezo Buzzer, I think will deal with the pressure better...Any input on design or tips would be welcome....................Thanks.......Obn/joe

Picture is of the JW Fisher underwater earphone

Attachments

• SNAG-0023.jpg
    SNAG-0023.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 390
  • SNAG-0023.jpg
    SNAG-0023.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 389
Upvote 0

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe can't help with any info, However I am planning on getting a hooka and a Wot coil for this spring! Lobster and Gold hunting the deep rocky cuts :laughing7:!! Can't wait to see your vid on this one.... sounds cool!

SnT

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have an old Garrett's SeaHunter XL200 that has that 1 speaker system. I will check to see what it has inside.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks S&T and steve...I got this from my post over on the JWFisher forum from cfdfire, nice looking mask with some great info on his setup........
Hello Joe, the speaker cord is deceiving...In fact it stretches to just under 10 feet long so it more than long enough.I upgraded my AGA mask a few years back with a new lens and the side pocket for the JW speaker.Both the lens and side pocket are made by a company called Ocean Technology Systems.
To me it a pain in the ass to have the speaker under my hood... the pressure from a good snug hood digs the speaker into the side of your head and does not make for a pleasant dive.I would think regardless of the shape you do not want anything under your hood except for your head.I dive for the pleasure and my 8X has been a blast to bring along.
Being comfortable with all my gear is priority number 1 in my book..The JW speaker transmits just fine to me outside the hood.Hope I have been some assistance and keep me posted,Take Care,Joseph

Attachments

• OSS.jpg
    OSS.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 415

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Joe for share. Happy hunting. Hamid

trsrseeker

May 10, 2011
FL / NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field, Excaliber 11, Sovereign, CTX 3030
OBN, the Aquapulse UW detectors use the Ikelite plug for their headphone which I believe is a pizzo - smaller than the JW Fishers and also designed to slip under the hood. Used for many years and found to be reliable underwater even in really rough conditions. If one is working in the surf line I think an under the hood system is the only way to go. This is something I really want to change on both my Excal and DF - fit Ikelite plugs for the headphones and possibly even the coils so that they can be interchangeable for the particular task at hand. The pizzo buzzer is placed under the hood but not over the ear, rather just below the ear under the ear lobe. Wire used on the Aquapulse earphone is far more abrasion resistant than that on the JW Fishers (which I also used for several years but no longer use), but not as long as it is not coiled.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread