A three ring day and a GOLDEN return

davidfl

Jun 23, 2011
florida
Detector(s) used
cz7apro cz20 cz21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the end of spring break, for some, I thought I would sneak off work on a Monday and hit my favorite beach. My friends had hit a beach further south on Saturday, I wasn’t able to go. Anyway I blew off work and head out, by 8:30 I get to the beach. As I look out over the beach I see no less than eight or nine hunters waving the dry sand, and at least three hunters waist to hips deep in the water, I think GREAT, so much for original thinking.

It was nice to see people in the water again. So I hunted all day. I found 28 coins, an earring, two sunglasses, and two rings.

The first was a nice Tiffany silver with a dangle.

001.JPG

004.JPG

The next was a junker promise ring made from black steel.

005.JPG

As I was going home, it was already later than I would have liked to stay, man I wanted a gold, a young woman asked if I could help her family, the father had lost his wedding ring. I had no time left on parking, so I told her I would put in some more and be back.

I went back to the place I left them, made some small talk then headed back into the water. During our short conversation I explained that it could be difficult to find a lost item, that its almost easier to search blind than to find a specific lost item. Location of where you lost it being the key factor. Somewhere down there on the beach becomes a big area when searching for something the size of a quarter. On a crowded beach, with afternoon sea breeze kicking up, and two hours difference on an outgoing tide.

As I was searching I spoke to the girls who originally requested help, I spoke with the man who lost the ring, he related that his wife’s rings were stolen. That his was the last remaining from their wedding ceremony 22 years prior. I told him I would do my best, and to stay near the lifeguard station. I would find them if I found it. About twenty minutes later, I got what I was looking for, a screaming autotune, then a wonderful mid tone. As the sand sifted away like chocolate there it was... GOLD.

007.JPG

Happy that I could help the people, I made my way back to where they were. Suddenly everyone starts to look alike. Oh no, where are they. I searched and searched. Nowhere. I asked several people around who said they left. Rats

As I cleaned up to leave, I scoured my memory about my conversations with them. The girls said they were here to play softball in a college tournament. They played for Northwestern. The father said his name was Steve. Not a lot to go on. I called Biggmike to help. Seeing he was home and at his computer. He found a site saying that the team was here, and a number to the athletic dept. of the college. He spoke to a woman who called the coach. An hour later, a girl called me saying she knew Steve. Ten minutes Steve called me. I am amazed, at how little information it took to track someone I had just met down, not to mention how many things that had to happen just right.

My last ring of the day, 14k, plain band just like they described it. I have the owners address, in New Jersey, no less, and it will be on its way home soon . I love it when a story ends well, this one is longer than most, but has ended well. HH david

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 482
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 493
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 490
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:
Upvote 0

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a good person to work that hard, anybody else would have just kept it and kept their mouth shut.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice and Good presentation. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
I wish you luck.
Hamid HH

OP
OP
davidfl

davidfl

Jun 23, 2011
florida
Detector(s) used
cz7apro cz20 cz21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what happened to the pics? already answered thanks

Last edited:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the find and return :icon_thumleft: He was very lucky to have run into you because some people don't do returns. I bet he was happy to get it back. :icon_pirat:

Megagold

Mar 3, 2012
Calif by the Bay
Detector(s) used
MXT- AT Pro- Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds! Blessings on returning the ring! There are still some good people in this world! :piratehand:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread