Upvote 0

Buff4

Feb 14, 2012
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 - W/Stealth 8 - Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds and video. That a great looking beach there :wink:. I am just learning my new CZ, man you move with that coil.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the Spring Breakers are making you a happy man.

Carolina Jack

Mar 19, 2012
The Carolinas
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign, Whites XLT, NEW E-TRAC, S&W .40 CAL, NRA MEMBER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. I miss Florida. Spent two years in Orlando. Moved back to NC in Jan.

doubloon hunter

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nice finds...... Must be nice hunting in calm waters like that......

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Nice hunt. Great video. Thanks for sharing..... All targets within reach of any decent detector. Just have to put your coil over it. Keep it up. You are knocking them out of the park. Nice to see folks in the water again.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Great video - the music fits well :)

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and great video. HH, Hamid.

worthy

Dec 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro , whites pi , garrett ace 250, c-scope ib
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great videos dewguru, keep it up, enjoyed the music so much that i had to google the lyrics- now in my favs. HH may the god land in your scoop !

Dec 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
DewGuru,

It looks like your out on my beach in the video. I live right on the beach at IRB. I know the video isn't Clearwater, but it could be Maderia or Treasure Island. Anyhow, I was out this morning with my new Sovereign GT (I also have the Sea Hunter when I want a workout). I found 2 gold earrings one in the water under the pier and one in the sugar sand. My hat's off to you detecting in the midst of thousands of people. Not my bag. The funny thing is I am a weightlifter and was in competitions 25 years ago, now I'm 49 and nobody ever bothers me, but I don't look like a geek. My personal feelings is why detect in crowds? I spoke to one very prominent poster here several times on the phone and you know him very well and he carries "mase" with him and has had confirtations with beach goers. Reeaallly!!! To me there's a line on metal detecting. First of all at 49 I still go to the gym 3 days a week and can still bench press 315lbs and no one's kicking sand in my face (pun intented), but Reaally Mase and detecting in crowds? I see other hobbyist everyday while sitting out on my patio and I hear tourist all the time making fun of the metal detector guys. Now granted most of them either look like PeeWee herman, Larry the Cable Guy, or John Biluchi (sp), but come on now. Reallly. I've seen guys going between beach towels digging holes. Reaallllyy. That's creepy!!!! Guru you are definitely the man on finding gold, rings and everything else and your video is great. We may need to get together sometime and run the Sovereign against the Shark. Going to Miami and Key West for a long weekend for a little snorkeling with the Sea Hunter. Guru and the reason I commented on detecting on croweded beaches was, since I live on IRB, which as you know is more older timesharers and tourists with grand kids. I saw two really creepy (keeping it clean) guys this past week with Radio Shack MD's taking pics of girls on towels while pretending to dig holes next to them. One guy just about got clocked. The other guy I actually walked up to and had a nice recommendation for him. I love looking at All your jewelry you keep finding even Jesus and the 42 diamonds. Obviously you aren't like Any of these guys and go between towels. I think ALL of us need to confront any of these perv..rts who pretend to be doing metal detecting between towels. It really just makes us ALL look bad.

OP
OP
DewGuru

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't towel hunt or crowd hunt, but don't begrudge those who do. Beach goers should be given a wide berth. I don't carry mace. I do carry a gun during night hunts. Day time, my size 12, scoop, and fists get the job done well. Just ask the moron last year who acted froggy and ended up in the ER getting stitched back together from the scoop to the forehead. There are all types of people out there. If you respect them, you'll find they'll respect you. Keep in mind, treasure waits for no man. I typically go out when most others don't, can't or won't. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread