Just a story, no pictures

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I have been hunting regularly for over a month now with no gold to show for my efforts. After about 5 hours of cleaning the beach and the tide almost high, I had found $2.87 in change and one junk ring with most of the fake stones missing.(This was very good results compared to recently.) It was dark by this time, although I did have a head lamp which I only use when I can't find the target in my scoop. I saw this cell phone waving across the dry sand. Walked over to see two girls crawling around using the light of a cell phone looking for a gold ring in the dry sand. I offered to assist, and the girl who lost the ring seemed to say by her expression, "We can't find it with this cell phone, how you going to find it." The other girl seeing the expression I saw, said,"He's got a metal detector in his hand!" She sorta pointed to where she thought she might have lost it and then immediately stepped into the same area with her cell phone close to the ground. I waited for a few moments and finally said, "Excuse me, you are in my way." I flipped on my head lamp for clarity, 4 sweeps, little scoop, shake, shake, shake, 45 seconds max. Here's your ring. Mouth open dumbfounded look, "Thanks". I do think she was appreciated. However, most people seem to have little or no understanding of how a metal detector works.... No photo, small gold ring with a heart. I can say I found it even if I didn't get to keep it. Beach is very sanded in and almost no one in the water around here so gold will remain elusive for quite a while. HH to ya'al. Ralph

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
A great dead. Yes a great deal of people have no clue to what a metal detector is, or care.. Glad you could help em get it back.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck. Hamid H H.

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good job! It's great to see people willing to help others even when they are down on their luck as well! Now you're one step closer- I hope you find the big one soon!!!

davidfl

Jun 23, 2011
florida
Detector(s) used
cz7apro cz20 cz21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you did good. it makes me feel good to help someone out. your right, they have no clue about metal detecting. im so tired of hearing, 'can you do that in the water'

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if you didn't get to keep the gold ring find Ralph, it refreshed your
confidence that you can still find gold if you put the coil over some. Bet
those gals were happy to get the ring back. Well done........
Gold Nuggets :wave:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the return. :thumb_up:

That can't be the only ring lost in the dry sand :lightbulb:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread