titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Ahhh... the joys of spring break. I haven't dug a sixer in some time. What is the most frustrating is that they are so diligent in burying the empties so deep.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there done that. I've dug full ones before and a half bottle of Rum once too. And yes, they are always a foot or more deep for some reason.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha i found a full bottle of beer yesterday happy hunting

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Us too!! All empties. More trouble to bury than carry out. Idiots. We got about 9 in an empty ice bag, then 7 more singles, but it gave us practice on pinpointing (first week on beach). I can't leave plastic or balloons on the beach ever since I learned of their effects on wildlife, and now that I have a metal detector, I guess I need a lot bigger trash bag!!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The advantage of the old Whites 6000 series 2 was you just didn't have to dig any beer/coke cans or large alloy. The depth reading meter warned you what was there and I mean depth reading not the DI meter of the later models.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread