Two weeks in Central Florida

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
First time in Florida and NOT at Disney, wow what a trip. I had a dual purpose, house hunting and visiting friends for this trip so my hunting was hindered quite a bit. I managed 8 trips to the beach with the wife, at least 3 of those trips the Gulf and mother nature didn't cooperate for perfect conditions but I'm not complaining. Shown in the pictures below are the best results of those 8 trips. Not shown is most of the trash, one cell phone which was returned to the owner, one ring that was returned, one 8Gb Ipod, 3 SS spoons and one knife. The wife found the bulk of the clad (just over $40) and was amazed at how small a piece of metal the GT would find. I spent time between the Sand Shark and the CZ-21, started with the CZ but when I saw how clean it was in the water, I used the Sand Shark. One gold ring, one silver ring and a total of 4 rings. The small Mag Lite flashlight (wife found) didn't work when found but later the wife found a AAA battery and I put it in and it worked.

Strange finds for the beach were an English Penny, a Dutch coin and two wheat pennies.... 47 and 57 in great condition, I think someone broke open a coin collection they were in such great shape.

Got to meet and talk to Dew Guru a few times, he always seemed to beat me to the beach..... I never thought there was anyone as early as me, guess I met my match..... but just when the wife goes along, It will be different this June when I go back for a return trip.

HH all

Attachments

• IMG_0792sm.jpg
    IMG_0792sm.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0793sm.jpg
    IMG_0793sm.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0794sm.jpg
    IMG_0794sm.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0795sm.jpg
    IMG_0795sm.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0

Megagold

Mar 3, 2012
Calif by the Bay
Detector(s) used
MXT- AT Pro- Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some real nice treasures. I assume you had a scoop to sift with. How do you keep the earings, as any I find go thru the scoop...Love the kids cars, and what a clad count!

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Yes, I had a scoop but failed to put my gutter screen back in prior to leaving so after sifting with the scoop twice and finding the target back on the bottom, I'd carry the scoop to shore and let the surf pan the pile to find the small earrings. It worked every time and all but once was stud earrings, the other time was a small piece of wire. Clad count was $40.23, not enough to pay for the parking.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
you got gold during a holiday - could not be sweeter? congrats.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation, good presentation. HH, Hamid

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul for this area :thumb_up:

The GT is an excellent machine.

How did the house hunting go?

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
CDV1, those are impressive finds!:hello2:

I like the display of the earrings.

You did really well.

Congrats

Lorraine

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some fine diggin and looting there! Good meeting with ya see ya when your back down again -- Early bird gets the worm! :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread