Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry I've been away for a while guys. Seems that it IS possible to get diabetes at 38 years old. Go figure. Anyway... they put me in the hospital for a couple of days until they got my blood sugar into a normal range. Seems that 'off the chart' isn't actually acceptable. My blood pressure and cholesterol were normal the whole time, but my sugar levels were astronomical. DKA... Diabetes Keto Acidtosis. I guess I was bordering on a diabetic coma LOL. But like I told my wife... "You can't kill stubborn", so I'm sure I'll be around for a while longer.

So my buddy Jason and I hit a beach nearby that we've frequented a couple of times before. The results were pretty good, so we went back the next night for a more concentrated approach in a small area. This is where the finds paid off. The gold ring appears to be an accent piece to a solitaire stone, but the only thing I found nearby was a large silver ring. I was crossing my fingers that I could find the whole set, but that never seems to happen for me. Ah well, I'll build my own personal Ft. Knox one gram at a time if that's what it takes.

4,475 Yen $55
41 grams of silver
1 gram 10k ring with CZs

So now that the tourist season is upon us, I'm hoping to start increasing my gold and platinum numbers. We'll see how that plays out.

008-13.jpg

005-19.jpg

003-27.jpg

010-8.jpg

006-15.jpg

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had it early too - same as you - normal BP and cholesterol - which is unusual
I thought I was special
I know where your at - has slowed me down - but Im not out yet
funny thing is - after hunting for a few days - my doc says my numbers are fantatstic
probably cause I hunt all day - dont eat and drink tons of water
he says if I could keep up what I do at those times - I be great
told him to give my boss a note stating I have to detect all the time :laughing7:
hang in there :thumb_up:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your finds! Sorry to hear about the diabetes...you've had it bad, having to be hospitalized with it. Keep it under control. I too was diagnosed with type 2 a year ago January. I hate it...taking the meds, pricking my fingers, having to watch those carbs and not able to eat as much as I wanted. Yep, swinging your detector is a great exercise...keep at it and you'll be posting many more pics of your finds.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its old silver ring. Congratulation. HH, Hamid

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Bobbypins , I'm sorry about your hospitalization and DX of Diabetes. That must have been frightening, but I'm so glad that you have it under control now and can get back to detecting.

Those are great finds!...Maybe you will find the other part to the ring in a future hunt.

I also like those silver rings and bracelet...I like the various styles.

Stay well!

Lorraine

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
I'm still trying to get it under control, as my daily sugar is constantly above 200. It takes a lot of Novolog to bring it down, and I still have to watch my diet a LOT. I don't think my body is producing any insulin at all. Pancreatic shock. FML... story of my life.

Tonight's hunt is with Jason and Jody (onthespot). Seems this one particular beach is having a slight overhaul before the swimming season. While you guys have beach renourishment and they truck in new sand, on this one beach, they're just pulling it up from the low tide line :hello2: So if things stay constant with what we've found out there, there's a virtual treasure trove waiting to be found. It's just a matter of how much they've done and how deep they've dug. I'll know more in a bit when we head out. Cross your fingers.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
great to see you back Pins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread