New to this..

ou8acracker2

Apr 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon,

So I go to school in Boca Raton..the land of the wealthy and the spoiled. I am a broke Brevard boy so needed something to do. I invested in a metal detector to find lost nonsense.

I have been lookin at the line where people sit on the beach but it is ALL trash..every little bit of it..a few change and some foriegn coins.

I keep seeing the low tide shallow water..is that the best bet to find jewelry and what have you? What are good trashless places to dig on the beach. I dig everything too so trash becomes annoying after a while.

any advice would be splendid

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome in TNet, i wish you lack with your new metal detector.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Look along line of new seaweed as gold rings tangle up in it.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Look along line of new seaweed as gold rings tangle up in it. also shell heaps have good metal.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard ,But I think you got into detectting at the wrong time . I have been huntting for 35 years and this is the worst I have ever seen it.Coins are hard to find and Gold is almost inposible,so have fun HH

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Hi ou8,
Regarding trashless places to dig on the beach, it all depends on the beach...some have lots of trash..others are quite clean..just get to know the various beaches where you are.If you go enough times, you'll soon learn which beaches are cleaner than others.

I like to hunt on the wet sand slope; along the shore's edge as the tide is receding, and then onto the low tide "muddy flats" ..all the time looking for indentations , troughs, and holes.

I hope this helps you ... & I'm sure other members on this forum can give you some excellent advice.

good luck out there

Lorraine

OP
OP
O

ou8acracker2

Apr 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much..I havent had ANY luck at all and ive put in my searching..just figure Ive been looking in the wrong spots haha I will give the sloping sands some looking around and in the shallow water at low tide

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread