Metal Detecting Hilton Head Is. SC?

Sterling in Va

Feb 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I'm in Hilton Head Island, SC for spring break and was wondering if anyone has metal detected here, and if so, where to go. I know of the big union fort on the North part of the island during the Civil War, and I thought about detecting the beaches here. Does anyone know of any good areas or tips for metal detecting hilton head?

Upvote 0

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I guess your are in Hilton Head today. There is alot o Free Parking at Coligny Square. Also usually the Beach has a Big Crowd. I woulds suggest going to the South end. They are re-nourshing the beach. There is one street to park at, I can't recall the name, since I recently saw it on the internet I've been numerous time to this Beach, but only found new coins, but it can be Good- goldnugget-Charlotte,North Carolina

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hilton Head has big long beaches at low tide. It is like a needle in a haystack. Very little trash and miles of walking with concentrations of beach goers seperated by vast expanses of beach. Your arm will turn to rubber but if you stay with it you could be rewarded. I go there a couple time a year and usually get one or two rings after hours of hunting and not much else.

m1mike

Aug 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What to do - I found a ring?

Hilton Head has big long beaches at low tide. It is like a needle in a haystack. Very little trash and miles of walking with concentrations of beach goers seperated by vast expanses of beach. Your arm will turn to rubber but if you stay with it you could be rewarded. I go there a couple time a year and usually get one or two rings after hours of hunting and not much else.

Jim - I found a ring in Hilton Head this weekend and am a newbie. I estimate the ring to be worth $3000 to $5000. Am I legally required to turn it in? I was going to get it appraised, but now am afraid that if I do it could be considered stolen property or something crazy like that, and I want to be sure not to break the law. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated. I really want to sell the ring, but if it is illegal to do so, I will do whatever I am required to do by law.

Thanks!
Mike

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the ring has no inishals, It's yours.Nice find.:icon_thumleft:

sun1234

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2017
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. Can you hunt on hilton hrad beach. Im going there next sat?
Thank you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions