Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 240
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Best PI machine for Salt beach

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #91
    Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

    May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    6,155
    3374 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Aka Nameless View Post
    This thread delivers!

    From my experience, from owning the Sand Shark and now the Infinium... the Sand Shark has nothing on the Infinium. Infinium picks up smaller items, that the SS doesn't even see, and is deeper on everything the SS does see.

    Terry claiming that Pulse Delay means nothing, shows how much he knows... If I get 6 inches on a .5 gram gold ring at minimum pulse delay (around 10uS) on the Infinium, then turn the delay up to 3 (around 25uS), I get 1 inch on the same item... Pulse Delay is huge.

    That is just amazing! You owned the Sand Shark for less than 50-hours before you sold it to a fellow that has found quite a bit with it according to your posts on Friendly. You bought an Infinium, but haven't found jack with it except your test ring, and you are an expert on pulse delay? LOL! I think even newbies can see through this cloud of confusion.

  2. #92
    Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

    May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    6,155
    3374 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    BINGO !!! The infinium is a fine machine for sure. Keep in mind that some folks on this form maintain that they "regularly" find gold earring backs and small gold chains at 6 inches+ with a sand shark...
    OMG! The Infinium is a "fine" machine? Do YOU own one? LOL!!!!

  3. #93
    Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

    May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    6,155
    3374 times
    Metal Detecting
    You and I will probably never agree on this Craig, and that is allright. Rusty and Robert were both a little more than shocked when I finally made it to Arizona, for the Desert Sand Shark tests. They were both convinced I was wrong, until I proved I wasn't. How much did that picker weigh in at that we buried Robert? If memory serves, it was less than 0.5-gram..

    I maintain that the Sand Shark can find ANYTHING the Dual Field, TDI or Infinium can - period. I also know with the 8" coil it is more sensitive to smaller gold than the Dual Field. It is just as deep as any other PI machine that costs $1,200.00 or less. I think THAT is what upsets so many of you. A cheaper machine is just as deep, and probably more sensitive.. Tough world we live in!

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-PI View Post
    Terry... lets not nip pulse delay in the bud as its can be the difference between finding deep small gold and not... I'm sure the SS is a very capable machine but pulse delay does matter even if it doesn't matter to you... there are those of us it does matter to... take the time to do a little reading on all the sites about its importance.. I'll even share what your friend says on the Tereso website...

    Even though the SAND SHARK is not capable of competing for the tiniest of metal targets, any normal-sized ring or other piece of jewelry is no problem.

    Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company web site with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water.

    I guess I can't post a link here lol...



    The bottom line is its the hunter who makes the machine good not the other way around....

    Where you have posted that a PI is 3 to 7" deeper than the Excalibur on the net is fantasy and dead wrong... if a PI is 1 to 3 inches deeper that is a lot... I know the capabilities of the Excalibur as I have owned one and now own the GT let me tell you on the beach they are top dog especially the iron infested beaches and in the water they hold their own but the PI rules there they are not iron infested.

  4. #94
    us
    Jul 2010
    Gulf Coast Florida
    Tesoro Sand Shark
    1,189
    456 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    Keep in mind that some folks on this form maintain that they "regularly" find gold earring backs and small gold chains at 6 inches+ with a sand shark...
    Proof is in the pudding, which is posted all over this forum, well documented.
    Don't hate. Just produce. Be glad to provide lessons. Bring cash, their expensive.
    He who digs the most trash finds the most treasure! | Tesoro Sand Shark Fan Page

  5. #95
    us
    Oct 2010
    250
    58 times

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by DewGuru View Post
    Proof is in the pudding, which is posted all over this forum, well documented.
    Don't hate. Just produce. Be glad to provide lessons. Bring cash, their expensive.
    Bologna is .99 cents a pound at my local supermarket...
    but I just realized I made a mistake...you said you regularly find thin gold chains at "average" of 12 inches with your Sand Shark...
    by the way, are the chains generally connected to a slightly larger metal item? Like a pick-up truck?

  6. #96
    us
    Feb 2011
    Connecticut
    Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
    138
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    You and I will probably never agree on this Craig, and that is allright. Rusty and Robert were both a little more than shocked when I finally made it to Arizona, for the Desert Sand Shark tests. They were both convinced I was wrong, until I proved I wasn't. How much did that picker weigh in at that we buried Robert? If memory serves, it was less than 0.5-gram..

    I maintain that the Sand Shark can find ANYTHING the Dual Field, TDI or Infinium can - period. I also know with the 8" coil it is more sensitive to smaller gold than the Dual Field. It is just as deep as any other PI machine that costs $1,200.00 or less. I think THAT is what upsets so many of you. A cheaper machine is just as deep, and probably more sensitive.. Tough world we live in!

    Terry.... you get very defensive... proof is you having to show and talk about your finds whenever someone doesn't agree with you...

    Where did I say the Sand Shark wasn't a good machine? I said in the correct hands its a very capable machine...

    Is it as deep as my detector? as sensitive? I doubt it... think about what you are saying... the Dual Field is a 800pps machine the Sandshark is 600 pulses per second, the DF has a 15us (microsecond delay) the SS a 22uS delay, you use a 8 inch coil.. I use a 12 inch coil... you crack me up for sure...

  7. #97
    us
    Oct 2010
    250
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    OMG! The Infinium is a "fine" machine? Do YOU own one? LOL!!!!
    It must be a bitter pill that the Infinium is a better pure gold prospector than the Lobo Super Traq AND a better salt water beach detector than the Tesoro Sand Shark.

    One thing, though. I wouldn't expect my Grandma to be capable of using the Infinium. She would do just fine with the Sand Shark, however.
    Last edited by hobbit; Apr 28, 2012 at 08:15 PM.

  8. #98
    Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

    May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    6,155
    3374 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    Bologna is .99 cents a pound at my local supermarket...
    but I just realized I made a mistake...you said you regularly find thin gold chains at "average" of 12 inches with your Sand Shark...
    by the way, are the chains generally connected to a slightly larger metal item? Like a pick-up truck?
    Nice job Hobbit, you just graduated. Now you are calling one of the most accomplished beach hunters in Florida a liar without ever having met the man. As I pointed out earlier in the thread, you were done then. Now you are just soiling yourself every time you type. Opinion is one thing. Uninformed, personal attacks and slander are tools used when there are no facts to present..

  9. #99
    us
    Aug 2008
    West Coast
    Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
    133
    27 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    That is just amazing! You owned the Sand Shark for less than 50-hours before you sold it to a fellow that has found quite a bit with it according to your posts on Friendly. You bought an Infinium, but haven't found jack with it except your test ring, and you are an expert on pulse delay? LOL! I think even newbies can see through this cloud of confusion.
    Lol you just make stuff up as you go, dont you. I owned the Sand Shark for 3 months, and put about 100 hours on it, I sold it and have no idea how much the guy that bought it found, he sold it a few months after buying from me... I've found more gold/silver with the Infinium, that I did with the Sand Shark... plus, I owned the Sand Shark during the summer which is a much easier time to find gold around here.

    It's obvious that you get paid by Tesoro, or at least get good discounts, to talk up their products. I love my Tejon, but the Sand Shark is mediocre. I'd go as far as saying it's the worst PI on the market... but what can you expect from a 20 year old machine...

    PS. I wouldn't have sold it, if it was the amazing machine you say it is. When I did testing on the beach and found that it barely gets 6 inches on a 2 gram gold ring, it was time to move on... my Infinium gets 6+ inches on a .5 gram ring in the sand.
    Last edited by Aka Nameless; Apr 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
    Garret Infinium LS
    Tesoro Tejon

  10. #100
    Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

    May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    6,155
    3374 times
    Metal Detecting
    I think about it all the time Craig, and crack up. The 10" Dual Field and the 8" Sand Shark are fairly equal machines. We simply must agree to disagree on this point. At our level, with the experience we have, both of us could out hunt the troll and his friend with Garrett Ace 350's! You and I both know the Pulse Delay is set on the Sand Shark at the best all-around timing, and that the power to the coil has been tuned to work in concert with that timing to find 14K targets as small as an earring stud, and shoot as deep as 20". I take a lot of grief because I NEVER deviate from my fight to stop senseless Tesoro Bashing - and that is exactly what it is. I don't attack other brands, I make my point. Just because we doubt something, that does not mean it isn't factual. You and I can disagree, I'm down with that. But I'm not down with the personal attacks others are typing in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-PI View Post
    Terry.... you get very defensive... proof is you having to show and talk about your finds whenever someone doesn't agree with you...

    Where did I say the Sand Shark wasn't a good machine? I said in the correct hands its a very capable machine...

    Is it as deep as my detector? as sensitive? I doubt it... think about what you are saying... the Dual Field is a 800pps machine the Sandshark is 600 pulses per second, the DF has a 15us (microsecond delay) the SS a 22uS delay, you use a 8 inch coil.. I use a 12 inch coil... you crack me up for sure...

  11. #101
    Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

    May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    6,155
    3374 times
    Metal Detecting
    So then your answer to my question, "Do you own an Infinium?," would be "no?" Do you even know how to type without attacking someone or insulting them? My kids used to get time outs for their tantrums. I am disappointed that you ran out of facts and resorted to personal attacks. You took away your own credibility. I'm done responding to you. It is a giant waste of my time.

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    It must be a bitter pill that the Infinium is a better pure gold prospector than the Lobo Super Traq AND a better salt water beach detector than the Tesoro Sand Shark.

    One thing, though. I wouldn't expect my Grandma to be capable of using the Infinium. She would do just fine with the Sand Shark, however.

  12. #102
    Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

    May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    6,155
    3374 times
    Metal Detecting
    Also Known As Nameless. Kinda says it all. Anyway, I am just going to say once, that I do NOT work for, or get discounts from ANY metal Detector manufacturer - including Tesoro. If you want to join The "Hobbit," in slander and misinformation, I'll let you. Prove what you are saying or Shut-The-Flavor-Of-The-Week-Up! You guys are pathetic. You can't win a debate with facts so you just start attacking people personally. Time to put some pants on and get back out here in the real world fellas!


    Quote Originally Posted by Aka Nameless View Post
    Lol you just make stuff up as you go, dont you. I owned the Sand Shark for 3 months, and put about 100 hours on it, I sold it and have no idea how much the guy that bought it found, he sold it a few months after buying from me... I've found more gold/silver with the Infinium, that I did with the Sand Shark... plus, I owned the Sand Shark during the summer which is a much easier time to find gold around here.

    It's obvious that you get paid by Tesoro, or at least get good discounts, to talk up their products. I love my Tejon, but the Sand Shark is mediocre. I'd go as far as saying it's the worst PI on the market... but what can you expect from a 20 year old machine...

    PS. I wouldn't have sold it, if it was the amazing machine you say it is. When I did testing on the beach and found that it barely gets 6 inches on a 2 gram gold ring, it was time to move on... my Infinium gets 6+ inches on a .5 gram ring in the sand.
    Last edited by Terry Soloman; Apr 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM.

  13. #103
    us
    Aug 2008
    West Coast
    Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
    133
    27 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Also Known As Nameless. Kinda says it all. Anyway, I am just going to say once, that I do NOT work for, or get discounts from ANY metal Detector manufacturer - including Tesoro. If you want to join The "Hobbit," in slander and misinformation, I'll let you. Prove what you are saying or Shut-The-Flavor-Of-The-Week-Up! You guys are pathetic. You can't win a debate with facts so you just start attacking people personally. Time to put some pants on and get back out here in the real world fellas!
    I just say you must get paid by Tesoro, because even though other machines are obviously better, you continue to claim the Sand Shark is the best thing since sliced bread. Who the hell designs a PI and doesn't put the most important control on it (pulse delay). You want to run with the lowest possible pulse delay that the ground conditions allow, to have the highest sensitivity to small items, and the greatest depth. Fixed pulse delay, and a slow one at that, is just screwing yourself. There is a reason that every other PI has a Pulse Delay control........

    I'm not Tesoro bashing, like I said, I love my Tejon. It's just that for whatever reason you choose to stick with a mediocre PI instead of upgrading...and that's fine, but stop coming on the forums claiming it can hold a candle to the real PIs, cause it cant.

    Now I know why you got banned from Findmall, you're a walking Tesoro advertizement...

    PS. Hopefully this little machine testing meet up thing you are doing soon opens your eyes to the capabilities (or lack of) of you machine. So we dont have to listen to you spewing BS all over every forum anymore...
    Last edited by Aka Nameless; Apr 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM.
    Garret Infinium LS
    Tesoro Tejon

  14. #104
    us
    Oct 2010
    250
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    So then your answer to my question, "Do you own an Infinium?," would be "no?" Do you even know how to type without attacking someone or insulting them? My kids used to get time outs for their tantrums. I am disappointed that you ran out of facts and resorted to personal attacks. You took away your own credibility. I'm done responding to you. It is a giant waste of my time.
    First of all, I am glad you are through responding to me. You are hiliarious, though. You accuse others of "misinformation" and "slander"...but you have been doing nothing but bashing and slandering White's and other manufacturers since the beginning of this thread...pulse delay is a myth started by White's...White's puts "lipstick on a pig" every year...you belittled the TDI and its discrimination, when I made the statement that the Infinium is a fine machine, your response was: "OMG! The Infinium is a "fine" machine? Do YOU own one? LOL!!!!"...

    This is YOU talking...

    I never called your buddy a liar... I simply suggested that he was not finding thin gold chains without large charms at "an average of 12 inches" with a Sand Shark. Not if they were real gold...if they were silver, gold washed chains, "fake" gold, maybe...that's a whole nother ball game. Everyone knows that cheap jewelery is much easier to detect than real gold ( 14k +). I made the statement in a response to AKA who had made a simple and scientific observation while field testing his Infinium and manipulating his "mythical" pulse delay control. "Dew" then suggested that he was a more accomplished detectorist than myself and would "teach me" how to do it...I have logged many hours on a Sand Shark and I know what they can do. I also know what they can't do. Science is repeatable. As such, it is necessarily factual. Anecdotal evidence is not. Remember, if you find a gold chain at 1 inch, you'd have to eventually follow it up with a find at 23 inches in order to keep that 12 inch average...guess what...It aint happening...especially since most of the chains you find will necessarily be shallow because everyone knows that a metal detector sees each individual link in the chain and not the "chain as a whole". This is basic stuff. It is, quite ironically, why the Tesoro Tiger Shark and old Stingray's are still popular. They really are very sensitive to small "real" gold chains...

    You accuse others of "slander and misinformation" but you are a fount of both and have yet to back up any of your contentions except through anecdotal evidence and posturing. I have simply suggested that people take the "blasphemous" step of actually testing the machines in question...simply and scientifically using the method suggested by the most reknowned authority on pulse induction technology extant. You obviously don't like this idea. As a matter of fact, you have basically stated that he is all wet, because, after all, "pulse delay is a myth started by White's because the Sand Shark is eating the Dual Field for lunch in sales". Eric Foster can't possibly know what he is talking about because he was designing machines with adjustable pulse delay's long before White's ever dreamed of introducing the Dual Field. The Dual Field was not introduced until late 2008. It has not even been in production for 4 years. And to make your ludicrious argument even more laughable is the fact that for one of those years you could not buy a Tesoro Sand Shark if you wanted one...because Tesoro couldn't solve their waterproof coil connector problem. That's why the current Tesoro water machine coils are now hard-wired...

    As far as owning an Infinum...I do not. I have used one, though, and I know several people who own them and use them on a regular basis. I can guarantee you that not one of these guys would dream of trading his Infinium for a Sand Shark. This is the same Infinium of which you said:
    "OMG! The Infinium is a "fine" machine? Do YOU own one? LOL!!!!"

    And you accuse others of baseless bashing? Who is destroying thier own credibility? I will gladly let others be the judge of that. I don't post a lot on these forums...the bombast that I read on this one raised my ire...if I have prodded one potential hobbiest into actually testing and comparing the choices available and not listening to biased "brand- fans", then I have succeded. It is truly all that I desired.
    Last edited by hobbit; Apr 29, 2012 at 02:02 AM.

  15. #105
    us
    Jul 2010
    Gulf Coast Florida
    Tesoro Sand Shark
    1,189
    456 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    I simply suggested that he was not finding thin gold chains without large charms at "an average of 12 inches" with a Sand Shark. Not if they were real gold...if they were silver, gold washed chains, "fake" gold, maybe...that's a whole nother ball game.
    And your suggestion was ignorant at best.

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    "Dew" then suggested that he was a more accomplished detectorist than myself and would "teach me" how to do it...I have logged many hours on a Sand Shark and I know what they can do. I also know what they can't do. Science is repeatable. Anecdotal evidence is not.
    "Dew" suggested no such thing. You've misquoted me (amongst others) often. Nothing anecdotal about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    I wouldn't expect my Grandma to be capable of using the Infinium. She would do just fine with the Sand Shark, however.
    I'd be willing to wager Grandma would out produce you 80% of the time. Being generous with the 20% ... Even a blind squirrel can get an occasional nut.

    Hunting the most whored out beaches here in Florida, I have yet to encounter a single individual swinging an Infinium. Minelab, Tesoro, Fisher, a very occasional whites, and a rare aqua. Not saying it's inferior -- just stating hunters in our area know what works best, with our conditions. (Yes Ron, I know you swing one, but your not in our area, lol).

    Feel free to "have the last word". The thread has ventured way off course anyway. I've no need to defend myself and or the products I use. Proof is in the pudding, and the offer i've made to you still stands. Door's open, look a brother up when in the area.

    Happy Hunting!
    He who digs the most trash finds the most treasure! | Tesoro Sand Shark Fan Page

 

 
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Tesoro Tejón relic machine for trade on a beach water machine in NC
    By TORRERO in forum Treasure Related Stuff For Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct 05, 2011, 08:27 PM
  2. Looking for new salt water machine
    By gus in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jul 18, 2011, 10:32 AM
  3. WTB Salt Water Machine
    By mommagpx in forum Treasure Related Stuff For Sale
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 07, 2010, 09:32 AM
  4. LOOKING FOR THE BEST SALT WATER MACHINE
    By TORRERO in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 09, 2010, 05:17 PM

Search tags for this page

best pi machine
,
best pi machine for beach hunting
,

best pi metal detector

,
contact pimakina.com.tr loc:us
,
eric foster pi
,

idx pro detector kit from silverdog's

,
mail pimakina.com.tr
,
pi machine
,
sea hunter mk2 punches hard through sand
,
white treasure master pi 1000 underwater
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3