detecting shoes?????

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Guadalcanal

Mar 27, 2012
Southern California/Beijing
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
(A gift from Hosensack)
Fisher F2
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try wrapping your feet in saran wrap. 8-) Not really, but maybe you could try barefoot?

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear scuba booties. They are ok if I wear my wet suit. If no wet suit sand still finds a way in. Not as bad as tennis shoes, but the zipper gets stuck once in awhile. Sand will lodge in the zipper.

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the design of those scuba boots. I have a pair of water shoes that have a mesh top - sand gets in and begins abrading the top of my toes. Next thing you know, I've got a blister or an open cut. Flexible soles are more difficult to walk in the dry sand too. When you have foot problems it makes a big difference to have a stiffer sole.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using dive boots for a couple years, very little sand gets inside, and the sand is not an issue in the zipper if you wash them out just like you do your detector shaft after each use...

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Boots.jpg

The best for keeping sand out for me, the Zippered NRS, no sand at all, even in the ruffest surf..but sand does get into the zipper, so it's best to wash first before unzipping..the next would be the O'Neil's..they keep most of the sand out...the Bare are next, but are heavy, then the little split toe, let in all the sand your feet can handle..Now this is ruff surf...One other thing one might want to think about is shorts, in the ruff the sand gets every where...which helps causing chafing along with wet trunks. There are a couple things I do, wear NRS Hydroskins, and swimming trunks with the netting cut out...as a back up, I alway carry vasoline in the Van........

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Joe, Thank you.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Seeker, I have been using TUSA LOW CUT IMPREX boot ( DIVERS DIRECT.COM) for many years.. they work best for me..very comfortable, and sturdy. I hunt in wet sand, low tide mud, and ankle to knee deep water, and this product works well in these conditions.

Lorraine

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I Found these Sandal's and have been using them for 3 years. I do wear a pair of socks with then. and they are Lite Weight. I also wear them in the water detecting with no problem , they are called, Merrell, check the bay

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info and links!!! my blistered,raw, rubbed the wrong way sore feet thank you to.
chuck.

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a pair of windsurfer booties from a rental place for $5, (closeout) they actually work very well, and are made for a bit more traction than dive booties.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one more place
[link removed at request of site owner]

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Merrell Sandals.jpg This is the best Pair of Beach Sandal that I have ever worn. I do use a pair of socks with them. They are Lite Weight. They are called Merrell Sandal, usually from a Hush Puppy Shoe Store and also on the bay I use an Excaliber and on the strap I put one of those Metal Key Rings to get a signal when the sound nulls out. Great for Beach Club Outings

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions