I like this methods for to get gold.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
I always thought of dragging a stainless steel, larger version rake/scoop
attached to an ATV on the dry sand.
But have never really got around to trying it out.

OP
OP
hamiddetecting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my rake in wet sand when there was hight tide Its not every day, 3 or 4 day of month. Can you all see this video:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking....mask, snorkel, and a pair of similar hand-held devices. "No detecting in the water!".............."OK". :laughing7:

OP
OP
hamiddetecting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking....mask, snorkel, and a pair of similar hand-held devices. "No detecting in the water!".............."OK". :laughing7:
You have the right if you dont never see the finds of this method. Its soon to see. This method its very good.

mikeothmer

May 3, 2009
I could see snagging some chains and ear rings, but can you actually get rings ? In Nebraska we are only allowed to hunt from 6AM to 9AM so we don't "bother" the beach goers. It might be an interesting way around not being able to detect in State Beaches or Federal Beaches where Metal Detecting isn't allowed ?Looks like a SERIOUS calorie burner !

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd love to try that in the dry sand. I bet you would have much better results and it would not be as much work to pull.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats quite a contraption you made,looks like you get plenty of exersize with it.How much to make me one,but I want to see some finds first.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Any chance to see finds from all this efforts? I would think you can only push that rake into soft sand a few inches deep. But rings sink fast and deep with this kind of surf if the sand is soft. They won't sink deep into hard packed sand or clay but you couldn't use the rake there neither. So I can't really see how this rake would bring results in the surf zone and wet sand. Dry sand maybe. But it still looks like terribly hard work for me. Guess I'll stick with my detector and scoop instead. Nice video though, the sea looks good.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you for sharing . You are a great example of a true treasure hunter . I wish you much good luck and much treasure in your future .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions