Need advice....Cozumel

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi again, LFG here. I will be traveling to Cozumel this next coming weekend. the resort I'm staying at has a huge beach and it is also located next to a Beach Club as well. I'll be there a week. the sand there is loose and kinda deep and it has alot of traffic...... I will be taking my new Sand shark (I only hunt Salt water about twice a year).

The sand there is shell based, just wondering what setting's I might use there and also any other tip's would be appreciated, Thank You, LFG.

Also, should I pay attention to the Tides there?

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice.....let me go in your stay. I'll fill you in on all the details when I get back. :thumbsup:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant give you much advice - will wish you luck
lot of guys used to head to Cozumel to hunt
here are my finds from my trip there - will get back someday

cozumelgoodstuff.jpg

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold I got there

cozume  -lgold.jpg

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds CASPER2!

gus

Oct 15, 2004
no tides to speak of. The sand is actually ground up coral. Since you are on the lee side of the island you won't be dealing with much surf during this time of year. Lots of beach. Some of the resorts are all inclusive so they might try to run you off. But according to Mexico all beaches are federal zone from the surf to some many meters from high water mark.

OP
OP
looknforgold

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Folks, and Casper, Thanks for the Information. I'll be staying at a Resort with a huge Beach with Beach Clubs close by as well, so I'm looking forward to some water hunting. I might rent me a couple of tanks too (I'm Certified), LFG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread