Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck. The gold is always nice.

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you found it in a private yard you may be able to research some of the previous owners to see it the intitials match.....if found at a beach or a public area your best best may be to post it on a lost ring finders website or post on Craig's list. Without a year on the ring it will be harder to research and may be hard to find the actual owner. Sweet find and good luck on your search!!!

SneadsFerryMD

Apr 10, 2012
Sneads Ferry NC
Detector(s) used
Torreseo Sand Shark, Whites Beach Hunter ID, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dew, without more info then just the initials there is no way you could return it. There are roughly 200k people currently in the Corps, plus all the people who have gotten out, it is well beyond a long shot to find some one. If you wanted to do something nice with it, if it has any melt value, scrap it and donate the money to the USO.

Last edited:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just initials it is yours. sad for the person who lost, but not returnable to me at all.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Dew, without more info then just the initials there is no way you could return it. There are roughly 200k people currently in the Corps, plus all the people who have gotten out, it is well beyond a long shot to find some one. If you wanted to do something nice with it, if it has any melt value, scrap it and donate the money to the USO.

:icon_thumleft:
have a good un................
SHERMANVILLE

screech

Apr 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good intentions returning ring but with only initals, it would be impossible to match the Marine who lost it. Those rings can be bought outside any Marine Corps Post. I lot were bought to give to the sweet heart of the month as Marines move around from Post to Pos

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would not say impossible - you could post pic in local papers - just DONT post the initials
just say -" if you can identify inscription"
or possibly approach local news to show and once again - dont let them know what is inside

lostlugnut

Greenie
May 16, 2012
Emerald Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dew,

I wish you luck, but if you have a military buddy you can get a little bit better of a chance. The big question is what base are you near in the gulf coast. Have your buddy look on the GAL (global access list), or see if he is able to search the marine corps white pages. It will NOT be easy but it will be an honest effort. I know there are 4 bases near me and I think all 4 have some marines that come through them. But then again this area is a huge vacation spot and it could be some guy that got out in the 90's that came down from Iowa to relax.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread