Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ken and I talked our wives into all of us going on a short vacation to some beaches to the south. While the wives relaxed Ken and I detected the water. Found lot of pull tabs and chopped aluminum the first day but started finding gold the second day and each day after. I found a 15.8gr. 18kt. gold chain with 2 pendants ( 18kt. religious and 14Kt. dove) , a 6.6gr. 14kt. white gold band, a 10.0gr. 18kt. white gold band with 8 small diamonds and a 0.7gr. 18kt. gold stud ear ring back.
Ken found a 14kt. gold man's band with small diamonds, a14kt. gold ladies ring and a beautiful ladies 14kt. gold ring with 5 nice diamonds.
Met one of the forum members while at the beach, we all had an enjoyable conversation.

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation! I wish you luck.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Congrats Les!! It was definitely worth the trip! missed you at the meeting though!

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congratulations on your finds .You did good.:thumbsup: Looks like you had a lot of fun.

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds indeed.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what I call a self paying vacation, way to go HH

Ninth Island

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2009
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500 sand shark 10inch goldbug pro jw fisher pulse 8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Well done Les! Nice quality finds.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
very nice Les and whilst on holiday - can it get any better?

OP
OP
Les West Central Fl

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a ring from trip I did not post checked out, it turned out to be 10kt. gold with a cz.

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Ken and I talked our wives into all of us going on a short vacation to some beaches to the south. While the wives relaxed Ken and I detected the water. Found lot of pull tabs and chopped aluminum the first day but started finding gold the second day and each day after. I found a 15.8gr. 18kt. gold chain with 2 pendants ( 18kt. religious and 14Kt. dove) , a 6.6gr. 14kt. white gold band, a 10.0gr. 18kt. white gold band with 8 small diamonds and a 0.7gr. 18kt. gold stud ear ring back.
Ken found a 14kt. gold man's band with small diamonds, a14kt. gold ladies ring and a beautiful ladies 14kt. gold ring with 5 nice diamonds.
Met one of the forum members while at the beach, we all had an enjoyable conversation.

Nice finds Les and Ken didn't do too shabby either !! So it's back to your sanded in beaches for you guys I guess.....I'll be down on May 7th and staying till the 19th....I hope to see you guys when I'm there.....Hoping for a few fresh drops !!.....Brian

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Les, you and Ken had a terrific vacation with those gorgeous finds!

Congratulations on great detecting! Keep those treasures comin'!

Lorraine

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs Les. You guys really know how to split up a beach and hunt it. Is that a gold earring back??? Lets you know how good the Xcal with that small coil is. Wondered where you guys have been hiding out. In fact ive seen very few water hunters.... good for me. Always a pleasure to chat with you guys and learn a little something.

Dew

OP
OP
Les West Central Fl

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs Les. You guys really know how to split up a beach and hunt it. Is that a gold earring back??? Lets you know how good the Xcal with that small coil is. Wondered where you guys have been hiding out. In fact ive seen very few water hunters.... good for me. Always a pleasure to chat with you guys and learn a little something.

Dew
Yes, it's the back of a stud ear ring. The back is 18kt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread