Excal custom endcap w/duel input cable gland

Stumppass

Nov 14, 2010
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II WOT coil / Minelab Excalibur 800 /Minelab Excalibur II 1000 / Pro Pointer
Ok, I've been wanting to do the remote pin point switch MOD for some time now and finally got around to it. I called in some favors and had a friend make the end cap and was able to find some duel input cable glands that are rated IP68.
Here are a few pic's, I'll post more when I'm done! :icon_thumright:

DSC02238.jpg DSC02239.jpg DSC02240.jpg DSC02245.jpg DSC02246.jpg

HH

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet!!! Looks like the right stuff!! Like to see your handle when finished.....is that a on off?..I like that the best of all....Very Nice!!

Still waiting on my boys in Baltimore...dropped by there shop to get a look, went over the details again...had to drop off a set screw and O ring..

OP
OP
Stumppass

Stumppass

Nov 14, 2010
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II WOT coil / Minelab Excalibur 800 /Minelab Excalibur II 1000 / Pro Pointer
The switch is an Otto IP68 On/Off, it's mounted in a piece of PVC with two part epoxy. I used a step drill to open the small end to 7/8 so it will fit on the end of the grip of the the anderson shaft.

The small connector was found at the hobby shop they are used for RC plane and boats, the Gland is from Sealcon I was able to get a few samples in fact the Otto switch was a sample as well!

Again, Thank you!!! You've made this vary easy!!

I still need the end caps your having made as my buddy believes that we are now even and any future work is going to cost me!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank You, But That Guy Mel Parker lite the Fire......Excalibur is a Great machine but his Mod turns it into a killer..special on a fresh drop beach....Very Nice work again, let you know when the Boys get done....joe

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation! And thank you Joe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread