Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2012
Rock Hill SC
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
falcon gold tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to Nags Head NC in June, planning on trolling the beach. Need a cheap or homemade idea/design for a beach scoop. I cant seem to edit the word bucket out of the title. Getting too old to drag a shovel, haha. Need to show all the naysayers in my family what its all about.
All ideas appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Casper-2. Thank you

worthy

Dec 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro , whites pi , garrett ace 250, c-scope ib
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gpanick, hope you do ok on your vacation. i was raised in chester s.c just next door . living in england now but cant help thinking of all those freshwater beaches and swimmin holes i used. not many of those in england. hh and show them what you can do!

GroundHog

Greenie
May 9, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCF3755.JPG DSCF3756.JPG here are some I built all for under $60

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made these years ago for fresh water out of galvanized tubing and pipe, basically from the scrap pile. If you know someone who can weld in the bottom of the bucket and weld the handle on it's about as cheap as you can go and it's built like a tank, but only weighs about 5 1/2 lbs. I've been using this in the saltwater for over a year and as long as I wash it down after each use it's held up pretty good through a lot of use. The bucket on this one measures 5 1/2" x 8", the looped handle provides easy in and out while digging and a lot of added strength. Drill in the 5/8" holes and add a little tennis racket wrapping and you're all set with an inexpensive, light, heavy duty scoop that will last for years. :thumbsup:
scoop.jpg scoop.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread