Big Bucket Scoops or Custom Scoop Builders

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the market for something with an 8" bucket....preferably a 90 degree. If I can't find something is there anyone out there who can fabricate me one? If so send me a message. I no longer have access to all the required tooling to do it myself.

I want this for the surf....smaller scoop just ain't getting the job done.

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several of those on the market.... mine is 11X9. You need to decide the size of holes you want as well.

Dew

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several of those on the market.... mine is 11X9. You need to decide the size of holes you want as well.

Dew

I'm not too worried about capturing the smaller stuff so hole size isn't that important as long as there's enough of them for a quick wash out. I remember seeing one a few years back that was a 90 degree with a full loop handle but I can't recall the brand now. 9 x 11 might be a bit big for me, I'm thinking somewhere around 7/8 x 10....but in a 90 degree.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
They also make this in a smaller size, it's the one I am using and very pleased with it. Sorry to hear you lost that ring, this scoop does well at holding targets and also drains fast allowing for the target to get int he bucket quickly.
proscoop.html

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not too worried about capturing the smaller stuff so hole size isn't that important as long as there's enough of them for a quick wash out. I remember seeing one a few years back that was a 90 degree with a full loop handle but I can't recall the brand now. 9 x 11 might be a bit big for me, I'm thinking somewhere around 7/8 x 10....but in a 90 degree.

the one with the full loop was a "miller scoop" , not made anymore. i have the large pro scoop 9 1/2 x 11 with the tiny holes . it collects to many shells and is hard to see things mixed in with the shells especially at night!! great for catching earring studs and tiny items that would fall through other scoops.

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Wide is good but you may want to think Long also...this is Diablo, to be released (?) 13 3/8 x 7 inchs, compared to the Beach Brute of Jeff in OC Maryland,
SNAG-0001 (7).jpg

Miller, or Hoop Scoop

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SENT YOU A PM

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Joe

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
101_1007 Stealth scoop.jpg Stealth sugar sand scoop with 1/4 inch holes. Work very good

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.....I just ordered the 8" Sunspot (S2i) with standard shaft and lift assist attachment. Hope I like it as well as I think I might? Hated to drop the money without having gotten to try one first but I just had to address the "too small scoop issue in the surf" problem. That little scoop was costing me some good recoveries and wearing me out with all the extra digging, especially on those deeper targets. I hope this scoop cures these issues?

JMW

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 (10.5" coil), DetectorPro Headhunter PI (8", 11" coils), Tesoro Stingray (8" coil), Ace 250 (4.5" Sniper, 6.5" x 9" coils) and White's Classic ID (8" coil)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Rest in peace, Curtis (from the old Miller's Recovery Scoops).
Amen, a legend of a scoop...

This one is really gone, the sand screw

Last edited:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen, a legend of a scoop...

This one is really gone, the sand screw

joe, how well did that one work? i have been thinking of trying some form of dirt or ice auger.

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear that it sounds as if Mr. Miller passed. Perhaps his heirs would like to see the scoop back in current production.
That sand screw is awesome!

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
I just had to address the "too small scoop issue in the surf" problem. That little scoop was costing me some good recoveries and wearing me out with all the extra digging, especially on those deeper targets. I hope this scoop cures these issues?
so are you going to change your name to "biggerscoop" now??????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread