Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tesoro Sand Shark test video

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #31
    us
    Apr 2011
    CT
    Dual Field Sand Shark E trac Excal 2 Sov GT Tek G2 Tejon
    44
    2 times
    Well, I just put my sand shark in classifieds for trade. To be honest, I've found A LOT of gold with that machine, its sent me on 2 vacations (nothing fancy) and payed for a Sov GT, Excal 2 and a Dual Field. The Sand Shark will always be one of my all time favorites......... but it took only one trip out with the Dual Field to realize that they really aren't in the same league. A year ago I probably would've blindly defended the SS but now I get it. Well worth the couple hundred extra.

  2. #32
    us
    Oct 2010
    250
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DewGuru View Post
    I don't see what the hoopla is all about.

    It's 1 mans machine, in 1 mans hole, in 1 mans conditions.

    I could use another Shark - wanna sell it?
    I will go one better...if you shoot a credible video of yourself proving some of the outlandish claims of the depth you get with the Sand Shark on real gold, I will GIVE you my Sand Shark with the 8 inch and 10 inch coils. I mean it.

  3. #33
    us
    Jul 2010
    Gulf Coast Florida
    Tesoro Sand Shark
    1,193
    463 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    I will go one better...if you shoot a credible video of yourself proving some of the outlandish claims of the depth you get with the Sand Shark on real gold, I will GIVE you my Sand Shark with the 8 inch and 10 inch coils. I mean it.
    I'll do ya one even better -- come on down, and be shown in person. Bring the shark with ya! My cam (tachyon) has no audio. Free room n board. Nothing "outlandish" about any claim. Proof is in the pudding, come on down, have a beer, (and pudding) and scoop ya some!
    He who digs the most trash finds the most treasure! | Tesoro Sand Shark Fan Page

  4. #34
    us
    Oct 2010
    250
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DewGuru View Post
    I've tried a number of machines -- Simply put, none of them have produced for me quite like my Sand Shark has.



    I'll have to disagree with this, purely based on the wide array of gold i've found the same size, and smaller, much of which is for public review and displayed prominently here: http://www.facebook.com/TesoroSandShark/photos not being a photographer of the really smalls, you can find what I consider to be 'nuscience' gold, under the 'Fresh from the pouch' albumn. Keep in mind, it's still a work in progress.



    Not taking anything away from his exercise, the video shows an average performance, based on his machine, and his settings in his environment. The real performance is best proven in the field by actual use, and the return on effort, IE: the finds. I'm not one to contend the Shark is the deepest, however, it's provided me with loot deeper than I ever want to dig.



    I'll have to respectfully disagree.

    Still, I am in the market for another shark (the 3rd), so if anyone is disappointed with their machine, I have cash.

    Happy Hunting!
    Shoot a video of yourself proving your ridiculous claims of the Sand Shark's performance and I will Give you my Sand Shark with the 8 inch and 10 inch coils. You claim to find gold items at an "average depth" of 12 inches with your Sand Shark. For this to be true you must find many gold items in excess of 12 inches with the Sand Shark. Just prove it. I am sure you have a video camera. If not, you seem to have found enough gold to afford to buy one. Prove your claims. Still pictures prove nothing about a detector's performance. Set up a controlled test like the one I have shown and actually prove it. I WILL GIVE YOU MY SAND SHARK. I MEAN IT. No funny stuff, empty hands other than the item being detected. Easy. Should be really, really easy. You should be able to shoot it tomorrow in a matter of minutes. I shot the videos of all the tests I did in around an hour.

  5. #35
    us
    Oct 2010
    250
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DewGuru View Post
    I'll do ya one even better -- come on down, and be shown in person. Bring the shark with ya! My cam (tachyon) has no audio. Free room n board. Nothing "outlandish" about any claim. Proof is in the pudding, come on down, have a beer, (and pudding) and scoop ya some!
    Weak. Really, really weak. You can get a Sand Shark with two removable coils for free and you won't go out and spend 30.00 at wal-mart for a video camera with audio This isn't about proving anything to ME. This is about all the people you constantly mislead about the Sand Shark's performance. I know what the truth is. And so do you. That is why you won't shoot the video.

  6. #36
    us
    Jul 2010
    Gulf Coast Florida
    Tesoro Sand Shark
    1,193
    463 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    Weak. Really, really weak. You can get a Sand Shark with two removable coils for free and you won't go out and spend 30.00 at wal-mart for a video camera with audio This isn't about proving anything to ME. This is about all the people you constantly mislead about the Sand Shark's performance. I know what the truth is. And so do you. That is why you won't shoot the video.
    You call me weak, I call you scared. It takes a large set of nads to call someone a liar to their face, apparently you've not got a set, just another keyboard cowboy. I have been nothing but cordial to you, in all your attempted bashing posts (which account for over 50% of your total posts here at tnet btw) while you do nothing but try and have a pizzing contest. What better way to resolve your differences than in person?

    You've got your panies in a wad, because you put your foot in your own mouth, attempting to misquote me (and others) in an attempt to spin your opinion in your favor.

    My photo history (as provided previously) completely contradicts your documented, quoted claims, of the Shark not finding small gold. Including your own video test. Don't get upset because your machine won't and others will. Luck of the draw. Deal with it.

    The start of your apparent tangent, is seen in this thread where I made the following statement:

    "I have to respectfully disagree and have the finds to show otherwise. I get an average depth of 1 foot, on both my 8" and 10" sand shark coils. Deepest target having been around 2 foot. Personally, I don't wish to/have the desire to, dig any deeper."
    To which you replied in this thread

    an average depth of one foot on what? All targets? Thin gold chains? Nuisance gold earring backs? Aluminum cans? You get the same depth with both the 8 inch and 10 inch coils? That is very interesting...It actually makes me seriously question your other observations.
    to which I replied in this thread

    Yep. All targets. Coins, Chains and Earrings included, come in regularly at over 1 foot. Aluminum cans - Don't dig many of them, but the few I do, their super deep as well. I stated "I get an average depth of 1 foot, on both my 8" and 10" sand shark coils." I did not state they get the same depth. The 10" coil gets a -slightly- deeper gain over the 8" and the 8" has a -slightly- better sensitivity over the 10". Question all you like. Thems the facts.
    You continue to rant and rave, as if I had told you every single target I dig is over a foot, when nothing remotely close to that was stated. Perhaps a bout of remedial reading 101 is in order for you.

    Let me break it down and clarify it for you so even a first grader can understand it:

    I can regularly hit a target at 1 foot (on average) on a multitude of various targets.
    I can regularly hit small/fine gold, using both my 8" and 10.5" Sand Shark Coils.

    At no point and time did I state anything other than exactly that.

    Perhaps instead of attempting to negate (and or) bash another -- Your time would be best spent out in the field, actually utilizing your machines, making great finds, instead of trying to question that of another, or attempting to put words in anothers mouth to best suit your agenda.

    Offer still stands. Free room and board. Bring the shark that you have such discontent for, I'll have the video camera, and the poster board for you to hold stating "Holy Crap - DG was Right!" for all to see, we'll have a beer, and call it a day.
    He who digs the most trash finds the most treasure! | Tesoro Sand Shark Fan Page

  7. #37
    us
    Aug 2008
    West Coast
    Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
    133
    27 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by DewGuru View Post
    I've tried a number of machines -- Simply put, none of them have produced for me quite like my Sand Shark has.



    I'll have to disagree with this, purely based on the wide array of gold i've found the same size, and smaller, much of which is for public review and displayed prominently here: http://www.facebook.com/TesoroSandShark/photos not being a photographer of the really smalls, you can find what I consider to be 'nuscience' gold, under the 'Fresh from the pouch' albumn. Keep in mind, it's still a work in progress.



    Not taking anything away from his exercise, the video shows an average performance, based on his machine, and his settings in his environment. The real performance is best proven in the field by actual use, and the return on effort, IE: the finds. I'm not one to contend the Shark is the deepest, however, it's provided me with loot deeper than I ever want to dig.



    I'll have to respectfully disagree.

    Still, I am in the market for another shark (the 3rd), so if anyone is disappointed with their machine, I have cash.

    Happy Hunting!
    I detest the Sand Shark mostly because of how Terry claims it is the best machine ever... and fools newbies into thinking they are getting the deepest machine on the beach.

    I gotta say though, Dew, you have class. Much respect to you.
    Last edited by Aka Nameless; May 03, 2012 at 11:18 PM.
    Can Slaw likes this.
    Garret Infinium LS
    Tesoro Tejon

  8. #38
    us
    Oct 2010
    250
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DewGuru View Post
    You call me weak, I call you scared. It takes a large set of nads to call someone a liar to their face, apparently you've not got a set, just another keyboard cowboy. I have been nothing but cordial to you, in all your attempted bashing posts (which account for over 50% of your total posts here at tnet btw) while you do nothing but try and have a pizzing contest. What better way to resolve your differences than in person?

    You've got your panies in a wad, because you put your foot in your own mouth, attempting to misquote me (and others) in an attempt to spin your opinion in your favor.

    My photo history (as provided previously) completely contradicts your documented, quoted claims, of the Shark not finding small gold. Including your own video test. Don't get upset because your machine won't and others will. Luck of the draw. Deal with it.

    The start of your apparent tangent, is seen in this thread where I made the following statement:



    To which you replied in this thread



    to which I replied in this thread



    You continue to rant and rave, as if I had told you every single target I dig is over a foot, when nothing remotely close to that was stated. Perhaps a bout of remedial reading 101 is in order for you.

    Let me break it down and clarify it for you so even a first grader can understand it:

    I can regularly hit a target at 1 foot (on average) on a multitude of various targets.
    I can regularly hit small/fine gold, using both my 8" and 10.5" Sand Shark Coils.

    At no point and time did I state anything other than exactly that.

    Perhaps instead of attempting to negate (and or) bash another -- Your time would be best spent out in the field, actually utilizing your machines, making great finds, instead of trying to question that of another, or attempting to put words in anothers mouth to best suit your agenda.

    Offer still stands. Free room and board. Bring the shark that you have such discontent for, I'll have the video camera, and the poster board for you to hold stating "Holy Crap - DG was Right!" for all to see, we'll have a beer, and call it a day.
    This is a "copy and paste" from another thread:

    " Originally Posted by SmudgeDepends what you mean by "small gold". If you're talking about something like the back of an earring, I don;t think there is a detector made today that can find one in the wet salt sand. If you're talking about small gold rings, the answer can really vary from beach to beach based on salt content and ground mineralization. Though expecting 6"-8" does not seem a tall unreasonable. As to gold chains, you have a similar problem. No PI or vlf detector really hits on these unless the clasp on the chain is large enough or if there is a pendant attached to the ring that the detector can lock on to. You'll likely notice that gold chains tends to be the least found of the valuable objects pulled from the sand, no matter which detector you are using.

    Originally Posted by Smudge
    Depends what you mean by "small gold". If you're talking about something like the back of an earring, I don;t think there is a detector made today that can find one in the wet salt sand.



    We find them here on a regular basis with the Shark. I consider them to be nuisance items.

    JMW likes this.
    Since 01/01/12 72 Rings (23 Gold, 32 Silver 17 Junk) - Tesoro Sand Shark
    He who digs the most trash finds the most treasure! | Tesoro Sand Shark Fan Page


    This quote is yours: "We find them here on a regular basis with the Shark. I consider them to be nuisance items."


    This is just one example. Here is another "copy and paste", the quote is yours :




    "Yep. All targets. Coins, Chains and Earrings included, come in regularly at over 1 foot. Aluminum cans - Don't dig many of them, but the few I do, their super deep as well"

    Here is another, from just a couple of posts ago, the quote, once again is yours:

    " Originally Posted by Aka NamelessI already showed you a .5gram ring that I found at about 6 inches that your machine wouldn't even see.

    I'll have to disagree with this, purely based on the wide array of gold i've found the same size, and smaller, much of which is for public review and displayed prominently here: http://www.facebook.com/TesoroSandShark/photos not being a photographer of the really smalls, you can find what I consider to be 'nuscience' gold, under the 'Fresh from the pouch' albumn. Keep in mind, it's still a work in progress.

    Lets see you detect that .5g gold and ( smaller !!!) ring at 6 inches with your Sand Shark...

    Last edited by hobbit; May 03, 2012 at 11:37 PM.

  9. #39
    us
    Nov 2007
    So Gulf Coast, FL
    Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
    461
    45 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Aka Nameless View Post
    I detest the Sand Shark mostly because of how Terry claims it is the best machine ever... and fools newbies into thinking they are getting the deepest machine on the beach.

    I gotta say though, Dew, you have class. Much respect to you.
    Well said AKA, well said.

  10. #40
    us
    Jul 2010
    Gulf Coast Florida
    Tesoro Sand Shark
    1,193
    463 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Yep, those are my quotes. (As I gave previously).

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    Lets see you detect that .5g gold and ( smaller !!!) ring at 6 inches with your Sand Shark...
    Been there, done that. Proven time and time again in the multitude of photos available for your perusal from within the comfort of your own home, or again, by taking advantage of the offer I extended you previously for a first hand viewing -- and this week is an especially nice time for your visit, as there are negative tides for 7 days. You'll not chose the later as you've not got it in you to publicly admit your wrong. Thats ok. You'll not be the first, nor the last.
    Last edited by DewGuru; May 03, 2012 at 11:57 PM.
    He who digs the most trash finds the most treasure! | Tesoro Sand Shark Fan Page

  11. #41
    us
    Oct 2010
    250
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DewGuru View Post
    Yep, those are my quotes. (As I gave previously).



    Been there, done that. Proven time and time again in the multitude of photos available for your perusal from within the comfort of your own home, or again, by taking advantage of the offer I entended you previously for a first hand viewing -- and this week is an especially nice time for your visit, as there are negative tides for 7 days. You'll not chose the later as you've not got it in you to publicly admit your wrong. Thats ok. You'll not be the first, nor the last.
    The hollowness of this response is plain for everyone to see. Why don't you just shoot the video? Still photo's prove nothing about a detector's performance...in fact, they don't even prove that the item was found with the detector in question at all. I could post pictures of the treasures of King Tut and claim that I found them at a depth of 12 feet with my Sand Shark. That doesn't make it true and it proves nothing.

    I will be taking advantage of the negative tides in my area. I have an appointment with a negative 1.1 at around 1 o'clock pm tomorrow...

  12. #42
    us
    Jul 2010
    Gulf Coast Florida
    Tesoro Sand Shark
    1,193
    463 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    The hollowness of this response is plain for everyone to see. Why don't you just shoot the video? Still photo's prove nothing about a detector's performance...in fact, they don't even prove that the item was found with the detector in question at all. I could post pictures of the treasures of King Tut and claim that I found them at a depth of 12 feet with my Sand Shark. That doesn't make it true and it proves nothing.

    I will be taking advantage of the negative tides in my area. I have an appointment with a negative 1.1 at around 1 o'clock pm tomorrow...
    Glad you finally took a look. Not surprising that you'd go with the "it must all have been found with a different machine" argument. "Finds from the pouch" album says it all. No tut treasures there .... yet.

    Like grandma always said, trying to argue with a fool only makes you look foolish.
    I'll take her recommended advice and step off your merry go round.

    Best of luck on the low tide.
    He who digs the most trash finds the most treasure! | Tesoro Sand Shark Fan Page

  13. #43
    us
    Oct 2010
    250
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DewGuru View Post
    Glad you finally took a look. Not surprising that you'd go with the "it must all have been found with a different machine" argument. "Finds from the pouch" album says it all. No tut treasures there .... yet.

    Like grandma always said, trying to argue with a fool only makes you look foolish.
    I'll take her recommended advice and step off your merry go round.

    Best of luck on the low tide.
    I am not going with the "must all have been found with a different machine" argument. I am going with the: "I am not sure that you find what you say you do with your machine at the depths you claim argument". All I need to see are real gold earrings and real gold earring backs...real gold, not trash items, at 12 + inches. Not the occasional huge hoop or grandoise item. Shoot, give me gold earring backs at 6 inches...give me them at 1 inch!!! If you AVERAGE 12 inches on gold earrings, you must find many in excess of 12 inches. You state that I must need a remedial reading course. Perhaps you need a remedial arithmatic course. I have not even started discussing gold chains. Here is your quote: " Yep. All targets. Coins, Chains and Earrings included, come in regularly at over 1 foot". Still photos prove nothing. I see a lot of high conductivity small stuff in your pictures. I demonstrated how much more sensitve to higher conductors the Sand Shark is in my test. We are talking about real gold. Why don't you just prove me a fool? I will feely admit being wrong once I have been shown wrong. You can prove me a fool and get a great free metal detector with two removable coils in the bargain. What are you waiting for?


    You can also just admit that you might have been "embellishing" on the truth just a "bit". Or that you dig targets out of the surf and can't really say for sure how deep they actually were. Or that you find a lot of silver and plated earrings and chains really deep but not real gold. It is easy. I will freely admit that you can find high conductive, inexpensive jewelry at approaching the depths you claim. Just not real gold. Big difference.
    Last edited by hobbit; May 04, 2012 at 02:50 AM.

  14. #44
    us
    Aug 2008
    West Coast
    Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
    133
    27 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I thought of a great Tesoro motto:

    Tesoro... you're stuck with us for life!



    ...wait, I own a Tejon... doh!
    Last edited by Aka Nameless; May 04, 2012 at 12:53 AM.
    Garret Infinium LS
    Tesoro Tejon

  15. #45
    us
    Oct 2010
    250
    58 times
    I want to thank everyone who has responded positively to the video tests of the Sand Shark, White’s Dual Field, Detectorpro Headhunter Pulse and White’s PI 1000 I have posted on this forum. Because of requests from other members, I have also just joined “Friendly” and posted the tests there. They are nothing more than an honest attempt to provide a relative test of the performance of the detector’s in question. The only reason I got “sucked into” this debate was because I did not know it occurred all the time. I am a big fan of a particular sub-thread on this forum and very rarely visit the “beach and shallow water” sub-forum. Recently, family obligations have kept me much nearer computers and tablets than I generally choose to be. I was browsing and landed here. There seemed to be an honest and searching question from someone on another thread who was interested in investing his hard-earned money into a pulse induction detector. I became interested in the discussion. I recommended he check out the Headhunter Pulse before he made a decision. I also stated, that for me personally: if I could only own one waterproof , hobby PI detector, it would be the Tesoro Sand Shark. There are several reasons for this. I will not elaborate on them here. Subsequently, other members posted what I believe to be outlandish claims about the performance of the Tesoro Sand Shark. I believe the claims were misleading, whether intentionally or otherwise. I couldn’t resist getting involved in the discussion because I was bored and because I have used a Sand Shark for so long. That is why it happened. I have had my say. Instead of an opinions and claims, I have tried to inject some baseline level of objective fact into the debate. If I became animated and began to sound “strident”, I apologize. I never called anyone a liar. I never called anyone a troll. Because I questioned some member’s claims, and used some “sarcasm” in regards to some of their claims and hyperbole, I was accused of the former and called the latter. It is irrelevant., really. Within the next few days I will be leaving on an extended trip and will be in and out of communication range. I am through with the discussion, but I will be happy to respond to any queries/accusations/questions in due time. I will now crawl back into my “troll hole” where I belong. I am very comfortable here. I wish you all the best of luck with whatever detector you choose to use.
    Tony

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Tesoro Sand Shark and Tiger Shark ARE IN STOCK at Kellyco...
    By metdetdevl in forum Metal Detecting
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2011, 05:38 PM
  2. WTB: Tesoro Sand Shark
    By DewGuru in forum Treasure Related Stuff Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sep 06, 2010, 11:04 AM
  3. Tesoro Sand Shark vs. Tesoro Tiger Shark
    By Overkill Overkill in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: May 02, 2010, 05:59 PM
  4. tesoro sand shark
    By divedigger in forum Tesoro
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2007, 02:19 PM
  5. ? on the Tesoro Sand Shark Vs Tiger Shark on the Metal Detecting Reviews Forum
    By Treasure_Hunter in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2006, 08:12 PM

Search tags for this page

sand shark tesoro video
,
sand shark tests tesoro
,

tesoro sand shark field test

,
tesoro sand shark pulse width
,

tesoro sand shark video

,

tesoro sand shark videos

,

tesoro sand shark vs garrett infinium

,
tesoro sand shark vs garrett infinium ls
,
tesoro sand shark vs infinium
,
tesoro sandshark beach videos
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3