Tesoro Sand Shark test video

OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Yep, those are my quotes. (As I gave previously).

Been there, done that. Proven time and time again in the multitude of photos available for your perusal from within the comfort of your own home, or again, by taking advantage of the offer I entended you previously for a first hand viewing -- and this week is an especially nice time for your visit, as there are negative tides for 7 days. You'll not chose the later as you've not got it in you to publicly admit your wrong. Thats ok. You'll not be the first, nor the last.

The hollowness of this response is plain for everyone to see. Why don't you just shoot the video? Still photo's prove nothing about a detector's performance...in fact, they don't even prove that the item was found with the detector in question at all. I could post pictures of the treasures of King Tut and claim that I found them at a depth of 12 feet with my Sand Shark. That doesn't make it true and it proves nothing.

I will be taking advantage of the negative tides in my area. I have an appointment with a negative 1.1 at around 1 o'clock pm tomorrow...

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hollowness of this response is plain for everyone to see. Why don't you just shoot the video? Still photo's prove nothing about a detector's performance...in fact, they don't even prove that the item was found with the detector in question at all. I could post pictures of the treasures of King Tut and claim that I found them at a depth of 12 feet with my Sand Shark. That doesn't make it true and it proves nothing.

I will be taking advantage of the negative tides in my area. I have an appointment with a negative 1.1 at around 1 o'clock pm tomorrow...

Glad you finally took a look. Not surprising that you'd go with the "it must all have been found with a different machine" argument. "Finds from the pouch" album says it all. No tut treasures there .... yet.

Like grandma always said, trying to argue with a fool only makes you look foolish.
I'll take her recommended advice and step off your merry go round.

Best of luck on the low tide.

OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Glad you finally took a look. Not surprising that you'd go with the "it must all have been found with a different machine" argument. "Finds from the pouch" album says it all. No tut treasures there .... yet.

Like grandma always said, trying to argue with a fool only makes you look foolish.
I'll take her recommended advice and step off your merry go round.

Best of luck on the low tide.

I am not going with the "must all have been found with a different machine" argument. I am going with the: "I am not sure that you find what you say you do with your machine at the depths you claim argument". All I need to see are real gold earrings and real gold earring backs...real gold, not trash items, at 12 + inches. Not the occasional huge hoop or grandoise item. Shoot, give me gold earring backs at 6 inches...give me them at 1 inch!!! If you AVERAGE 12 inches on gold earrings, you must find many in excess of 12 inches. You state that I must need a remedial reading course. Perhaps you need a remedial arithmatic course. I have not even started discussing gold chains. Here is your quote: " Yep. All targets. Coins, Chains and Earrings included, come in regularly at over 1 foot". Still photos prove nothing. I see a lot of high conductivity small stuff in your pictures. I demonstrated how much more sensitve to higher conductors the Sand Shark is in my test. We are talking about real gold. Why don't you just prove me a fool? I will feely admit being wrong once I have been shown wrong. You can prove me a fool and get a great free metal detector with two removable coils in the bargain. What are you waiting for?

You can also just admit that you might have been "embellishing" on the truth just a "bit". Or that you dig targets out of the surf and can't really say for sure how deep they actually were. Or that you find a lot of silver and plated earrings and chains really deep but not real gold. It is easy. I will freely admit that you can find high conductive, inexpensive jewelry at approaching the depths you claim. Just not real gold. Big difference.

Last edited:

Aka Nameless

Aug 13, 2008
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought of a great Tesoro motto:

Tesoro... you're stuck with us for life!

:laughing7:

...wait, I own a Tejon... doh!

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
I want to thank everyone who has responded positively to the video tests of the Sand Shark, White’s Dual Field, Detectorpro Headhunter Pulse and White’s PI 1000 I have posted on this forum. Because of requests from other members, I have also just joined “Friendly” and posted the tests there. They are nothing more than an honest attempt to provide a relative test of the performance of the detector’s in question. The only reason I got “sucked into” this debate was because I did not know it occurred all the time. I am a big fan of a particular sub-thread on this forum and very rarely visit the “beach and shallow water” sub-forum. Recently, family obligations have kept me much nearer computers and tablets than I generally choose to be. I was browsing and landed here. There seemed to be an honest and searching question from someone on another thread who was interested in investing his hard-earned money into a pulse induction detector. I became interested in the discussion. I recommended he check out the Headhunter Pulse before he made a decision. I also stated, that for me personally: if I could only own one waterproof , hobby PI detector, it would be the Tesoro Sand Shark. There are several reasons for this. I will not elaborate on them here. Subsequently, other members posted what I believe to be outlandish claims about the performance of the Tesoro Sand Shark. I believe the claims were misleading, whether intentionally or otherwise. I couldn’t resist getting involved in the discussion because I was bored and because I have used a Sand Shark for so long. That is why it happened. I have had my say. Instead of an opinions and claims, I have tried to inject some baseline level of objective fact into the debate. If I became animated and began to sound “strident”, I apologize. I never called anyone a liar. I never called anyone a troll. Because I questioned some member’s claims, and used some “sarcasm” in regards to some of their claims and hyperbole, I was accused of the former and called the latter. It is irrelevant., really. Within the next few days I will be leaving on an extended trip and will be in and out of communication range. I am through with the discussion, but I will be happy to respond to any queries/accusations/questions in due time. I will now crawl back into my “troll hole” where I belong. I am very comfortable here. I wish you all the best of luck with whatever detector you choose to use.
Tony

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hobbit,
You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. You did an outstanding job with your videos, and I for one, want to thank you!

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you Hobbit for your time! I appreciate what you've done. I feel somewhat responsible for what's gone on in the last week and a half since I was the one who asked the original question about what detector to choose. Everyone is going to have their opinion and I value that. But it's nice to see some videos that show a machine's capabilities in a certain environment compared to other machines in the same environment. Then again there will always be arguments that the videos weren't shot properly, or settings weren't ideal etc...In the past my questions have generated a few responses at best...NOT full-blown arguments. I hope other prospective buyers get a chance to see these videos before making a decision. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I have a bit more information to base my future decision on thanks to you! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread