Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By hobbit
  • 2 Post By Tonyswaterhunts
  • 2 Post By OBN
  • 1 Post By hamiddetecting
  • 1 Post By Aka Nameless
  • 1 Post By Can Slaw
  • 1 Post By PI JOE

Thread: White's Dual Field depth test video

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2010
    42 times

White's Dual Field depth test video

Here is a video of the White's Dual Field being tested in the manner recommended by Eric Foster.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Oct 2010
    42 times
    Sorry. Sometimes it was hard to judge the detected depth of targets while performing the tests...it is clear the Dual Field got the 4g 14 kt ring at 15-16 inches and the nickle at 14-15 inches...

au
    Mar 2010
    Perth
    Current detectors; Aquapulse AQ1B / Garrett Seahunter MKII / White's MXT Pro
    24 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Good videos Hobbit....they do show the relative sensitivity of the different machines quite clearly.
    I think my SeaHunter will pick up the nickel at about 14" so it is comparable to the White's.
    I am definitely not brand loyal as I have Minelab, Garrett, White's and Tesoro.
    I nearly went for the Dual Field but really wanted coils and headphones that they can be swapped out.
    I plan to test my Seahunter on the smallest gold ring I have...it is about half a gram but it is a formed ring and not an ear-ring.
    Get back to you on that one.
    Tony.
    hobbit and Can Slaw like this.

Charter Member
    us
    83+ on the List, One at a time

Dec 2008
    Ocean City MD Bound
    Viper / Diablo titanium scoops
    705 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Testing Audio on different Piezo Benders. HeadPhones and IP67 speakers to see if any give a better responce to deep targets with the Minelab Excalibur in the PP mode, Have a few Pi's might test them once finished.

setup a test rig for capturing audio and video on head phones used. Testing several sets, very controlled test, setting the same on the excalibur every test, along with the distance the head phones are from the mic.... 25 cent clad used, to turn off excal and keep the same settings, bat was unpluged...8 inch coil, Minelabs Excalibur 2002 model........Have noticed that the smaller the piezo buzzer, the high the pitch..allowing deeper faints in the PP mode

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    1829 times
    Thank you.
    hobbit likes this.
    One third jewelry of the World are under sand so far
    Finds2013
    Coins usables=50436
    Silver= 890 pieces
    Gold= 63g

us
    Aug 2008
    West Coast
    Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
    27 times
    Good videos! Should start one mega thread, with all the videos. Maybe I'll even make one with the Infinium.
    Last edited by Aka Nameless; May 03, 2012 at 06:36 AM.
    hobbit likes this.
    Garret Infinium LS
    Tesoro Tejon

us
    Jun 2011
    Gulf Coast Fl.
    whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
    221 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Neat video. Thanks
    herb

us
    Nov 2007
    So Gulf Coast, FL
    Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
    45 times
    Another excellent video. Identical test, two different detectors, sure shows which one is deeper. Thank you for the great effort.
    hobbit likes this.

us
    Feb 2011
    Connecticut
    White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
    66 times
    Proof is in the pudding....video test that is. Nicely done Hobbit.
    hobbit likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    83+ on the List, One at a time

Dec 2008
    Ocean City MD Bound
    Viper / Diablo titanium scoops
    705 times
    Another excellent video. Identical test, two different detectors, sure shows which one is deeper.
    How you lite the fire on the excalibur. Just a Air test, but shows the possibilities what minelabs could have done to make a better detector, and this is a VLF so conditions can change these numbers for worse. 8 inch coil can get a faint at ? inch's? The fields of each mode is so different, Discriminate mode..controlled/shaped.......PP mode..disbursed/uncontrolled. Not much difference between 11 o'clock and 9 o'clock (senstivity) as far as distance.......I think with double piezo per ear, 50mm 1.2 KHZ n 20mm 4.0 KHZ distant faints can be pulled out, even further.

us
    Feb 2011
    Connecticut
    Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
    16 times
    Joe... tests in the air whether it be with a VLF or PI may give better results than actual hunting depths the detectors get because of salt and minerals...

Quote Originally Posted by OBN View Post
    How you lite the fire on the excalibur. Just a Air test, but shows the possibilities what minelabs could have done to make a better detector, and this is a VLF so conditions can change these numbers for worse. 8 inch coil can get a faint at ? inch's? The fields of each mode is so different, Discriminate mode..controlled/shaped.......PP mode..disbursed/uncontrolled. Not much difference between 11 o'clock and 9 o'clock (senstivity) as far as distance.......I think with double piezo per ear, 50mm 1.2 KHZ n 20mm 4.0 KHZ distant faints can be pulled out, even further.

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    Xcal, Minelab SE, DFX, MXT
    503 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    That is one cool bench setup you have there Joe..... im impressed. Hows EMI in your shop? Do you think there is a more consistent way to show sweep speed? How difficult would it be to get that sweep speed in the water? I ask that because Disc is more affected i think than PP to sweep speed. I read some post he felt the higher the sensitivity on the Xcal the slower it needs to be swung. Im not certain i agree with that.... i think it has more to do with targets in the area. Ive got to make me one of those rigs...... it could really have some benefits.

Dew

us
    Oct 2010
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OBN View Post
    Testing Audio on different Piezo Benders. HeadPhones and IP67 speakers to see if any give a better responce to deep targets with the Minelab Excalibur in the PP mode, Have a few Pi's might test them once finished.

setup a test rig for capturing audio and video on head phones used. Testing several sets, very controlled test, setting the same on the excalibur every test, along with the distance the head phones are from the mic.... 25 cent clad used, to turn off excal and keep the same settings, bat was unpluged...8 inch coil, Minelabs Excalibur 2002 model........Have noticed that the smaller the piezo buzzer, the high the pitch..allowing deeper faints in the PP mode
    Man, I love this set-up for bench testing VLF's...If you do PI's you would have to invert it, of course...your set-up is really, really cool, though.

us
    Oct 2010
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aka Nameless View Post
    Good videos! Should start one mega thread, with all the videos. Maybe I'll even make one with the Infinium.
    I would love to see what the Infinium can do in a controlled test...I would imagine its performance will be very good, indeed.

Sponsors