Whites Dual Field depth test video

OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Sorry. Sometimes it was hard to judge the detected depth of targets while performing the tests...it is clear the Dual Field got the 4g 14 kt ring at 15-16 inches and the nickle at 14-15 inches...

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good videos Hobbit....they do show the relative sensitivity of the different machines quite clearly.
I think my SeaHunter will pick up the nickel at about 14" so it is comparable to the White's.
I am definitely not brand loyal as I have Minelab, Garrett, White's and Tesoro.
I nearly went for the Dual Field but really wanted coils and headphones that they can be swapped out.
I plan to test my Seahunter on the smallest gold ring I have...it is about half a gram but it is a formed ring and not an ear-ring.
Get back to you on that one.
Tony.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Testing Audio on different Piezo Benders. HeadPhones and IP67 speakers to see if any give a better responce to deep targets with the Minelab Excalibur in the PP mode, Have a few Pi's might test them once finished.

setup a test rig for capturing audio and video on head phones used. Testing several sets, very controlled test, setting the same on the excalibur every test, along with the distance the head phones are from the mic.... 25 cent clad used, to turn off excal and keep the same settings, bat was unpluged...8 inch coil, Minelabs Excalibur 2002 model........Have noticed that the smaller the piezo buzzer, the high the pitch..allowing deeper faints in the PP mode

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you.

Aka Nameless

Aug 13, 2008
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good videos! Should start one mega thread, with all the videos. Maybe I'll even make one with the Infinium.

Last edited:

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Neat video. Thanks

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Another excellent video. Identical test, two different detectors, sure shows which one is deeper. Thank you for the great effort.

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proof is in the pudding....video test that is. Nicely done Hobbit. :thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Another excellent video. Identical test, two different detectors, sure shows which one is deeper.
How you lite the fire on the excalibur. Just a Air test, but shows the possibilities what minelabs could have done to make a better detector, and this is a VLF so conditions can change these numbers for worse. 8 inch coil can get a faint at ? inch's? The fields of each mode is so different, Discriminate mode..controlled/shaped.......PP mode..disbursed/uncontrolled. Not much difference between 11 o'clock and 9 o'clock (senstivity) as far as distance.......I think with double piezo per ear, 50mm 1.2 KHZ n 20mm 4.0 KHZ distant faints can be pulled out, even further.

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
Joe... tests in the air whether it be with a VLF or PI may give better results than actual hunting depths the detectors get because of salt and minerals...

How you lite the fire on the excalibur. Just a Air test, but shows the possibilities what minelabs could have done to make a better detector, and this is a VLF so conditions can change these numbers for worse. 8 inch coil can get a faint at ? inch's? The fields of each mode is so different, Discriminate mode..controlled/shaped.......PP mode..disbursed/uncontrolled. Not much difference between 11 o'clock and 9 o'clock (senstivity) as far as distance.......I think with double piezo per ear, 50mm 1.2 KHZ n 20mm 4.0 KHZ distant faints can be pulled out, even further.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one cool bench setup you have there Joe..... im impressed. Hows EMI in your shop? Do you think there is a more consistent way to show sweep speed? How difficult would it be to get that sweep speed in the water? I ask that because Disc is more affected i think than PP to sweep speed. I read some post he felt the higher the sensitivity on the Xcal the slower it needs to be swung. Im not certain i agree with that.... i think it has more to do with targets in the area. Ive got to make me one of those rigs...... it could really have some benefits.

Dew

OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Testing Audio on different Piezo Benders. HeadPhones and IP67 speakers to see if any give a better responce to deep targets with the Minelab Excalibur in the PP mode, Have a few Pi's might test them once finished.

setup a test rig for capturing audio and video on head phones used. Testing several sets, very controlled test, setting the same on the excalibur every test, along with the distance the head phones are from the mic.... 25 cent clad used, to turn off excal and keep the same settings, bat was unpluged...8 inch coil, Minelabs Excalibur 2002 model........Have noticed that the smaller the piezo buzzer, the high the pitch..allowing deeper faints in the PP mode

Man, I love this set-up for bench testing VLF's...If you do PI's you would have to invert it, of course...your set-up is really, really cool, though.

OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Good videos! Should start one mega thread, with all the videos. Maybe I'll even make one with the Infinium.

I would love to see what the Infinium can do in a controlled test...I would imagine its performance will be very good, indeed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread