Detectorpro Headhunter Pulse depth test video

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, you Max'ed out the Headhunter, but used Half power with the Sand Shark.. not a good start to comparison testing at all! Plus, with the Headhunter maed out in the surf, you won't hear anything because of the falsing.

OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Not true...the only thing maxed out was the frequency...it is basically the same thing that is preset and non adjustable with the Sand Shark...pulse delay...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not true...the only thing maxed out was the frequency...it is basically the same thing that is preset and non adjustable with the Sand Shark...pulse delay...

No controls shown and you state, " I've got it at Max, that's why you hear that warble.." You stopped showing the controls. Hmmm. Give up, you are just going to prove I have been right all along. Ask your Mom to get you some big boy pants while you are at it. LOL in White Plains!

OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
No controls shown and you state, " I've got it at Max, that's why you hear that warble.." You stopped showing the controls. Hmmm. Give up, you are just going to prove I have been right all along. Ask your Mom to get you some big boy pants while you are at it. LOL in White Plains!

The pulse delay is at max just like I stated. The pulse delay on the Sand Shark is always at max. I did not show the controls on the HHPI because they are in the headphones and were miked-up. If I moved them any closer to the front of the camera, the HHPI would detect them...you see it is a very sensitve unit, unlike the Sand Shark. I think the pants in the video are one of my pairs of North Face hiking shorts. You have probably never been hiking, so you wouldn't know. I wasn't trying to make a fashion statement. Why are you so interested in my legs, anyway? You sound like you may have some "tendencies"... You probably go to the beach in cut-off blue jeans...by the way, I am 50 and I got my first metal detector in 1976...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pulse delay is at max just like I stated. The pulse delay on the Sand Shark is always at max. I did not show the controls on the HHPI because they are in the headphones and were miked-up. If I moved them any closer to the front of the camera, the HHPI would detect them...you see it is a very sensitve unit, unlike the Sand Shark. I think the pants in the video are one of my pairs of North Face hiking shorts. You have probably never been hiking, so you wouldn't know. I wasn't trying to make a fashion statement. Why are you so interested in my legs, anyway? You sound like you may have some "tendencies"... You probably go to the beach in cut-off blue jeans...by the way, I am 50 and I got my first metal detector in 1976...

Nah, I was in the Army for three-years before you were born, and we didn't hike back then. We took helicopters everywhere. Yeah, I'm Gay, but please don't tell my kids, grandkids or ex-wives. Gosh, how can such a young guy be so right, so often? Still living at home huh, yeah, that is tough. Well anyway, yeah, I like your legs. Still can't believe what I have to say is so important to you that you would spend hours taping useless tests to "prove" a point. Think of all the beach you could have detected.. All those machines just laying around the backyard, while somewhere in Africa another 50-year-old wishes he had the Sand Shark you don't love any more..

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for those video so the first problem of metal detector is fine gold (gold earing and fine gold chain). I used PI is not sensiveof gold fine. In my idea Sov GT 800 and Excalibut II 800 are best sensive of fine gold. Hamid

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no "half power" on the Sand Shark if you are referring to the pulse width setting.
To be honest, I would have been equally happy using any of the PI's that I have used over the years.
I like the bigger rings which can be picked up well by most PI's available.
If I was chasing the really small stuff then the Sand Shark wouldn't be my first choice. Chasing the small stuff in the salt water means a higher pulse delay anyway so 10µs-15µs is only for the dry and wet sand respectively.
I did manage to pick up two nice gold rings today with the SeaHunter.....the White's and Tesoro units would have snagged them just as easily.
I recall last summer trying to find a matching gold/diamond ear-ring that a lady had dropped in the dry sand. I tested her other ear-ring and only my Goldquest SS set to 10µs could pick it up...at about 2 inches maximum.
Tony.

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
Very nice job Hobbit.... I started waterhunting with the Headhunter and my hunting partner used it for 6 and found a lot of gold with it... its a great machine, supper deep and very sensitive to small gold as its pulse delay is right there... I laughed at the comments about the noisy threshold.... I run my Dual Field alot hotter than factory settings and it spits and crackles but good stuff comes right through...

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hobbit, thank you for another nice video.

Terry, I am getting tired of you acting like the Village Idiot posting your video of you as a child playing a banjo. What does that have to do with a detector test? If you think your SS is so great why don't you do a video showing us how great it is? I am sure others would like to see what kind of depth you really get, we have heard the talk, now let's see the walk. I know one thing, I will be doing a test on my PI , if it is not getting the depth that Hobbit is showing with his tests.....IT"S GONE! I won't make excuses for it if it's turns out ot be a mediocre PI. Some of us can still learn from others and their efforts that are not afraid to video the proof.

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Hobbit....as Craig mention, I ran with the HH PI for six years until last year replacing it with the DF. The only different between the two for me is better pinpointing and longer battery life with the DF..... pretty much the same depth as your video has shown. Terry mention falsing, Well, The only falsing I got over the years was from either near by EMI or Craig getting to close trying to move in my hot spot! lol

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions