twas an omen

captaindoug

May 1, 2011
Went to New Smyrna Beach this morning, winds from the west and very calm for that side of the state.
After parking the truck and loading my Sand Shark with new batteries I headed for the water. Halfway to the water lay a dead shark about three feet long, smelled really bad and I guess my shark didn't like it either. Two minutes later I found a dime and then my shark started with some really loud falsing with very small waves, another ten minutes with no targets and I swung towards the scoop. Now there are two dead sharks. I own two but was I smart enough to take them both with me?
But we all know the good news, it's a Tesoro, the turnaround time will be good and the only charge is shipping.

Upvote 0

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice to have the lifetime warranty. How old is the Sand Shark? Sorry to hear it died

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro's warranty is second to none. :evil5: We use Fishers and always bring an extra machine and scoop just in case. Can't remember ever having to use the backup but it's there if we need it. Good Luck

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Sorry you had such bad luck. I bought a Sand Shark as my main backup. After using it only five or six times mine began falsing too. Got to ship it off.

OP
OP
C

captaindoug

May 1, 2011
I don't think it is the coil, at least it is acting comlpletely different than the time when I flooded the 10 1/2". With the coil flood I just got a lot of static like sounds. And by the time I got home there is absolutly nothing. Almost makes me wonder if it is the earphones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions