Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2888 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Interesting Wet Sand Comparision AT Pro, CZ-21, Excal (Video)

Found this on YouTube
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Jun 2011
    Gulf Coast Fl.
    whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
    222 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Thanks.!!!
    herb

OBN
    us
    83+ on the CB List, Hammer time

Dec 2008
    Ocean City / Chesapeake Bay
    BlueViper / Diablo titanium scoops
    1160 times
    Old Gold, New Gold, Any Gold
    Last fall invited several, even Terry...just 3 hunters showed...It was bitter cold..in the teen's, hopefully more will show next time and the weather will be warmer...... ......should be interest because this one will be in the Ocean water.

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2888 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OBN View Post
    Last fall invited several, even Terry...just 3 hunters showed...It was bitter cold..in the teen's, hopefully more will show next time and the weather will be warmer...... ......should be interest because this one will be in the Ocean water.
    That will be interesting. Would also be interesting to see how warm/cold effects things.....I know I seem to get less ground/salt interference in the winter months. During the warmer months I get more interference but the good signals seem a bit stronger and it also seems I get a bit better depth. But this could simply be because I'm not chilled to the bone?

OBN
    us
    83+ on the CB List, Hammer time

Dec 2008
    Ocean City / Chesapeake Bay
    BlueViper / Diablo titanium scoops
    1160 times
    Old Gold, New Gold, Any Gold
    .....I know I seem to get less ground/salt interference in the winter months
    Funny you would say that because the first winter I had the WOT on the Excal..I said this is going to kill in the summer..turns out the WOT was falsing like crazy in the warm wetsand..And I thought I was the only one who had seen different water temps, seasons saline changes, can adversly affect the detector...Never had a problem with the little 10 inch...

I do know I sure learned alot from Bob, he is a settings Guru when it comes to the CZ's, he did mention that the CZ needed to be on awhile to get the best depth in those chilled temps....

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    2888 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OBN View Post
    Funny you would say that because the first winter I had the WOT on the Excal..I said this is going to kill in the summer..turns out the WOT was falsing like crazy in the warm wetsand..And I thought I was the only one who had seen different water temps, seasons saline changes, can adversly affect the detector...Never had a problem with the little 10 inch...

I do know I sure learned alot from Bob, he is a settings Guru when it comes to the CZ's, he did mention that the CZ needed to be on awhile to get the best depth in those chilled temps....
    I've got a new 10" CZ-21 in route (back ordered from Amazon) and I'm really looking forward to playing with the 10" once it's here. The Excal and WOT is great on smoother bottoms but once you're in a line of uneven holes and cuts, especially in warmer saltwater, it requires a lot of extra attention as these conditions seem to really effect it's ability to hunt stable without dialing it down quite a bit. From previous testing I found that the 8" CZ was a bit deeper then the 8" Excal so I'm hoping the 10" provides me with that nice, smooth middle performance. Can't wait for it to get here so I can start playing with it.

us
    chuck

Feb 2007
    spacecoast florida
    fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
    281 times
    temperature does have an effect on salt conductivity!! warmer temps increase the effect. this might have been mentioned in salt 101.
    excals are great on flat, even. hard ground. not so good on uneven ground.

chuck.
    you dont know what you dont know, and you dont know what you dont dig!!!!!!!!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links