Interesting Wet Sand Comparision AT Pro, CZ-21, Excal (Video)

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks.!!!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Last fall invited several, even Terry...just 3 hunters showed...It was bitter cold..in the teen's, hopefully more will show next time and the weather will be warmer...... ......should be interest because this one will be in the Ocean water.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last fall invited several, even Terry...just 3 hunters showed...It was bitter cold..in the teen's, hopefully more will show next time and the weather will be warmer...... ......should be interest because this one will be in the Ocean water.

That will be interesting. Would also be interesting to see how warm/cold effects things.....I know I seem to get less ground/salt interference in the winter months. During the warmer months I get more interference but the good signals seem a bit stronger and it also seems I get a bit better depth. But this could simply be because I'm not chilled to the bone? :laughing7: :dontknow:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
.....I know I seem to get less ground/salt interference in the winter months

Funny you would say that because the first winter I had the WOT on the Excal..I said this is going to kill in the summer..turns out the WOT was falsing like crazy in the warm wetsand..And I thought I was the only one who had seen different water temps, seasons saline changes, can adversly affect the detector...Never had a problem with the little 10 inch...

I do know I sure learned alot from Bob, he is a settings Guru when it comes to the CZ's, he did mention that the CZ needed to be on awhile to get the best depth in those chilled temps....

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you would say that because the first winter I had the WOT on the Excal..I said this is going to kill in the summer..turns out the WOT was falsing like crazy in the warm wetsand..And I thought I was the only one who had seen different water temps, seasons saline changes, can adversly affect the detector...Never had a problem with the little 10 inch...

I do know I sure learned alot from Bob, he is a settings Guru when it comes to the CZ's, he did mention that the CZ needed to be on awhile to get the best depth in those chilled temps....

I've got a new 10" CZ-21 in route (back ordered from Amazon) and I'm really looking forward to playing with the 10" once it's here. The Excal and WOT is great on smoother bottoms but once you're in a line of uneven holes and cuts, especially in warmer saltwater, it requires a lot of extra attention as these conditions seem to really effect it's ability to hunt stable without dialing it down quite a bit. From previous testing I found that the 8" CZ was a bit deeper then the 8" Excal so I'm hoping the 10" provides me with that nice, smooth middle performance. Can't wait for it to get here so I can start playing with it.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
temperature does have an effect on salt conductivity!! warmer temps increase the effect. this might have been mentioned in salt 101.
excals are great on flat, even. hard ground. not so good on uneven ground.

chuck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread