Beach hunting competion is getting worse.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You salt water beach hunters have it easy having miles of clean sand to hunt. There is lots of room for you to spread your arms and move farther away from guys using a PI or someone on the same frequency. Pic doesn't show the hunters on the shore. How about hunting here?
162.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've seen crowds of hunters in FL but not Jersey. FT myers beach can get crowded. In jersey, not counting one or two exceptions in AC, most i've seen at one time is about a half dozen. Most aren't working a specific beach. They are walking a lane and are out of sight within minutes. On the beaches I hunt that lane is about 9 miles long, so plenty of room for us grid the beach types.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For me its no problem, so i like when lot of competition and i wish all luck.

Me to. Great post Hamid!

This may be the only hobby where the hobbyists don't really want to see "growth." We are a passionate, secretive bunch always looking for the edge on our "competition." Bring it on!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of waist deep to ankle deep ones - more have joined me from waist to chin - I got a hookah and a snuba and can go out even farther - you will never see a bunch of deep water hunters

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of waist deep to ankle deep ones - more have joined me from waist to chin - I got a hookah and a snuba and can go out even farther - you will never see a bunch of deep water hunters
Never say Never. When the beaches and the waist to chest begin to look like the picture in the original post, then the die hards will turn to hookah and snuba as well and then you will see a "bunch of deep water hunters" unless the economy improves and precious metal prices fall to where most people won't see it worth the effort to hunt for them.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure was alot of hunters in one small area,did hurricane pass by yesterday or what.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread