Beach hunting competion is getting worse.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You salt water beach hunters have it easy having miles of clean sand to hunt. There is lots of room for you to spread your arms and move farther away from guys using a PI or someone on the same frequency. Pic doesn't show the hunters on the shore. How about hunting here?
162.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
this looks like a lake our club hunted. Couldn't hunt it till the day after labor day and we were all there at opening time...

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's getting like that everywhere. You can thank TV for that one.

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! I get a little edgy when I see one MDer on the sand or in the water. I immediately start formulating where I'll go next to avoid infringing upon their vacation MD hunt. There's too much beach here. I can't imagine the feeling of showing up for a planned hunt and seeing that.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice thing about my area of the east coast here in Florida.....just too much current for a lot of folks. I can't tell you the number of times I've watched hunters swing their way into the surf foam, swing speeds immediately getting slower from the sudden increase in current drag, a few more steps into the rushing current and they're suddenly turning around and either sticking to the waterline or wet sand. It's double bladed sword of sorts, keeps a lot of folks from hunting the surf but makes it really tough on those that do in all but the best of times & tide conditions.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for sharing . An eye opener for sure . The weak will fade away when the novelty wears off and then think of all the great detector bargains on E Bay and Craigs list in the future.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think once gold starts falling to a reasonable price it wont be quit the draw.

Dew

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont have that prob in our cold waters

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we just yell "SHARK" and that will clear out a lot of them...........LOL

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get down the beach at five in the morning and its rare to see anyone.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me its no problem, so i like when lot of competition and i wish all luck.

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh noooooo! That looks like the opening day of trout season photos I have seen from New York!

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Here we just yell "SHARK" and that will clear out a lot of them...........LOL

what does gold member mean? Is it age? Is it the number of detectors used at same time?

Last edited:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice thing about my area of the east coast here in Florida.....just too much current for a lot of folks. I can't tell you the number of times I've watched hunters swing their way into the surf foam, swing speeds immediately getting slower from the sudden increase in current drag, a few more steps into the rushing current and they're suddenly turning around and either sticking to the waterline or wet sand. It's double bladed sword of sorts, keeps a lot of folks from hunting the surf but makes it really tough on those that do in all but the best of times & tide conditions.
Your right. I hunt the Florida West coast, but one day I went to Cocoa to give it a try. I got pulled around by the current and knocked around by the waves and 15 minutes later I was hunting the wet sand for the rest of the day. I had to laugh when I read your post because I did exactly what you see people do.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Like Debbie said there a number of lake's that only allow hunting after the season is over it's not uncommon to see that many at several location here in NJ. As far as a normal hunting day around central jersey its not uncommon to see 6 or 8 guys and girls hunting the same beach at once. Even at 3am you'll run into 3 or 4 hunters, and before work you'll see 3 or 4 at 6am. You can just take a few seconds and weed out the non threats and hunt right behind them. I reported last year that two families popped up on the beach while I was hunting 4 adults the 3 kids.The 2 men and 2 boys had Excaliburs the two ladies had whites BHID and the little girl had a ace 250. Add scoops and that's about 8000 bucks for family outing. Who said the economy is bad! LOL!

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Holy Smokes,,, I'd keep driving .

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
Considering the size of the coil. Then take the area of beach and area of water form beginning to waist deep. I think it is safe to say we haven't scratched the service along the Atlantic. Not sure bit I guess ponds and lakes could be picked over fairly well. I hunt very popular beaches. I see and talk to many hunters but never a problem of to many of us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread