OP
OP
M

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
After reading the new information on this detector I am not as excited. It seems as if your a land hunter in the wilderness or large fields the GPS and Maping is nice. If you hunt in trashy areas the FBS2 is nice. But I really haven't heard any talk of it getting deeper? Which is what I was hoping for. Looks like Craig PI is correct again, but It is more then a toy. I really would of had a hard time Ebaying the EX II anyway.

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't feel that your Excalibur should be trembling in the closet.....as good as the CTX will probably be, it's design just doesn't scream water machine to me. The 10 foot rating doesn't inspire me with great confidence, especially out of warranty.:dontknow:
Tony.

Stumppass

Nov 14, 2010
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II WOT coil / Minelab Excalibur 800 /Minelab Excalibur II 1000 / Pro Pointer
Maybe that's why they opened a few new service centers accross Norh America and Mexico!!:dontknow:

I don't feel that your Excalibur should be trembling in the closet.....as good as the CTX will probably be, it's design just doesn't scream water machine to me. The 10 foot rating doesn't inspire me with great confidence, especially out of warranty.:dontknow:
Tony.

OP
OP
M

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
Maybe that's why they opened a few new service centers accross Norh America and Mexico!!:dontknow:

lol That screen could really catch some nice waves. They always show it floating in the calm water. I went detecting the beach today and thought if I had a 3030 there really wouldn't be any advantage, unless it went deeper then my Excal II or my CZ 21. All my signals are accurate and I can just turn a knob and discriminate, easier and faster then looking at a screen. In waist deep water or deeper you can't see the screen anyway. Then the water proof issue with the wired wireless headphones. I really been changing my mind on this. Glad they had this silly launch. Seems like a good machine for trashy sites that are hard to dig where real hi end discrimination is needed.

Last edited:

Stumppass

Nov 14, 2010
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II WOT coil / Minelab Excalibur 800 /Minelab Excalibur II 1000 / Pro Pointer
Thereare a lot used machines coming available on e-bay and the forums, I just pickedup an Excalibur II with all the original goodies that were never used and inthe original box for $515.00 and just tonight I came across a complete E-Trakfor 800.00 bucks. In two months that E-Trak will only bring 600 - 700.00 bucks as people start to purge their gear in order to generate enough cash for the new machine.

I'm waiting for the new BBS machine which I think we be seeing very, very soon!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bunch of Fla. guys ran out and bought $3000 Aqau sounds or whatever they are called
I think i do just as good with what I got - if your places are worked out and your not making the finds you used to - go for something new - but if your like me and still making the finds - why spend the money ?
many machines have had probs when they first came out - you might want to wait a little while and make sure if there are bugs - they work them out before you buy

OP
OP
M

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
[COLOR=#222222 said:
I'm waiting for the new BBS machine which I think we be seeing very, very soon![/COLOR]

Could you give a little more info on this? Sounds interesting. Lots of rumors that this quick launch of the 3030 was because they wanted to be the first to announce.

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
I agree here... I can see it now a bunch of these new machines with their screens hanging off the shaft after being hit accidently by the scoop... I don't know why anyone needs a screen in the first place to me they slow down the hunt having to look at it... as I said before, I'll stick with my DF and GT...

Tony.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Why would you ebay your detector cause there is a new detector available??? I don't get it, just buy the new one if you think its going to be good. I must be missing something here? After you buy your detector its should pay for itself in a few months then by years end you should have pocket full of cash to buy any detector that comes out, or two or three of the new ones that come out. What is it you people do with all the money you find? I have been throwing the gold and silver in pails as they fill up start another. All the coins go in the fun account believe me this will add up fast.When you want more toys convert some to cash and by it. I still have gold from when it was 40 dollars an once!

Exactly right!!! This is a hobby that pays for itself. If you aren't finding enough with your current machine to re-up with new equipment, a new machine isn't going to change that.

That said, there will always be people who have to buy the new-new thing and the most expensive latest greatest. How do think Mercedes Benz stays in business? With detectors thankfully there are people to buy the newest offerings. If not for them we'd all be swinging 1960s technology.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this was nothing more than we have to put this info out NOW because the Deus and Blisstoe are selling and people wont buy another detector this soon. Marketing. Im seeing a ton of people already on the band wagon and have one ordered WITHOUT even knowing what they are going to pay..... is that smart? This looks like an attempt to show Garrett we can make a machine better than the AT Pro. Water proof machines are the here and now so i expect many to add this feature as common sense. That machine would be like swinging a 2X4 in the salt water. Ill wait on that same tech to come out in a REAL water machine. I agree..... if there arent targets in the water any more that the Xcal reaches.... get a PI and start digging again.

Dew

OP
OP
M

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
Exactly right!!! This is a hobby that pays for itself. If you aren't finding enough with your current machine to re-up with new equipment, a new machine isn't going to change that.

That said, there will always be people who have to buy the new-new thing and the most expensive latest greatest. How .do think Mercedes Benz stays in business? With detectors thankfully there are people to buy the newest offerings. If not for them we'd all be swinging 1960s technology.

Again I don't like selling my gold and silver because I think it is the only thing I own that keeps up with inflation or better. Also if I get another detector that works as well or better then what I have, I would have another detector collecting dust. Also I have had major differences in finds with different machines. Also a lot of my finds are artifacts that I want to keep. Glad to see you guys are getting so rich!

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.... I just pickedup an Excalibur II with all the original goodies that were never used and inthe original box for $515.00 ....

Where the heck are you finding deals like this? I watched and watched, and waited to find the deal I did on my Excal, but NEVER saw any prices close to that. I'll give you a quick profit on it!

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Again I don't like selling my gold and silver because I think it is the only thing I own that keeps up with inflation or better. Also if I get another detector that works as well or better then what I have, I would have another detector collecting dust. Also I have had major differences in finds with different machines. Also a lot of my finds are artifacts that I want to keep. Glad to see you guys are getting so rich!
I don't sell my gold and silver either, I used the clad to pay for all my hobbies. I may sell some of the hundreds of one earings that have no match. Like the post above this hobbie pays it way, and my gas and my RC planes and the Boats gas..... There isn't any dust on my detectors. Each has its place hunting why would you want to carry an excalibur around the dry and wet sand when the GT far out hunts it at half its weight.The excalibur is for the water that's where I use it.The GT and Excalibur won't find small chains but the Compass will so Some days that's what I used for part of the hunt.The Blisstool can't be used to walk up and down the beach with swinging, it will FAULSE every swing! Its used to swing slow like your pin pointing a target already found. Just like a 5 inch coil has its palce in iron infested sites it's a speicalty tool. each detector has its very own place. The CTX 3030 isn't an entry level machine at 2300 bucks and wasn't ment to be. Other companies have that field.

OP
OP
M

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
I don't sell my gold and silver either, I used the clad to pay for all my hobbies. I may sell some of the hundreds of one earings that have no match. Like the post above this hobbie pays it way, and my gas and my RC planes and the Boats gas..... There isn't any dust on my detectors. Each has its place hunting why would you want to carry an excalibur around the dry and wet sand when the GT far out hunts it at half its weight.The excalibur is for the water that's where I use it.The GT and Excalibur won't find small chains but the Compass will so Some days that's what I used for part of the hunt.The Blisstool can't be used to walk up and down the beach with swinging, it will FAULSE every swing! Its used to swing slow like your pin pointing a target already found. Just like a 5 inch coil has its palce in iron infested sites it's a speicalty tool. each detector has its very own place. The CTX 3030 isn't an entry level machine at 2300 bucks and wasn't ment to be. Other companies have that field.

I just hunt the wet sand and waist deep in the ocean and bay. I'll start in the wet then move out. If I see a trough off I'll go. Really clean beaches also. I can do this with the same machine CZ 21 or Excal or Df. Two of the three are collecting dust now. I have been spending my clad all along.

Last edited:

richrider99

Mar 11, 2007
Puyallup,Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett GTA-1000, Garrett GTX1250, Garrett Master hunter 6, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett AT-Gold,Fisher CZ-5, Fisher CZ-6A, Fisher CZ-70, Fisher CZ-20, Fisher F75, Minelab Quattro, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Fisher CZ6-A & My Minelab Safari just went on E-bay

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread