Quick Spin

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got a chance to hit the beach for a couple hours at low tide today, arrived to find all my favorite troughs/holes completely filled in with sand. Did a bit of recon and located a couple of rips that were blown out a couple of feet deep and managed a 14k and a sterling "TRUE LOVE AWAITS" ring. Figure I must in for bit of romance on down the road. :headbang: :laughing9:
love.jpg

Upvote 0

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Two neat rings . WTG!:thumbsup:

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love finding those bands nice job

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
POW! Very nice!

I just can't wait to see one of those bouncing beach bunnies running my way with true love on her mind..

Tip, Turn and run...Nothing but issues..unless she is swinging.......

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That was keen detecting, bigscoop! :headbang:

Nice ring finds!
Lorraine

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bigscoop: Very nice reward for a couple of hours of detecting. I must learn more about this trough and hole concept.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop: Very nice reward for a couple of hours of detecting. I must learn more about this trough and hole concept.

The beaches in my area of the east coast are always undergoing change. First thing I look for is dark water with cross currents. The dark water indicates deeper water, sometimes it's maybe only a foot or more compared to the surrounding bottom. At high tide this is where a lot of people play and lounge about in the surf. Cross currents have a tendency to cut into the bottom and remove sand, whereas straight forward currents have a tendency to bring in sand. During the typical summer conditions most of the tides will be straight in bringing in a lot of new sand, this is when I look for rips because they create cross currents that often produce troughs and sometimes with fairly deep holes in them. Again, at low and mid tides this is where a lot of people play and lounge about. Keep in mind that "waist deep" is the comfort zone for most swimmers in the surf. It helps to know the beach so you can quickly spot new rips and troughs as these can expose a lot of targets that have been previously buried too deep to detect. Usage is another consideration, the more people using an area of beach the greater the odds. Find these new rips and troughs in an area of beach that gets used a lot and the hunting can be very good until these locations get filled back in. Sometimes it only takes a little cross current to create a deeper trough or hole that's worth hunting. Once you're in these holes and troughs "always" check the sides/slopes as well. Sometimes I'll be in these holes and troughs for a long time before I hit a target, often checking my machine to make sure it's working properly (no kidding) so be patient. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.
You are doing what you truly love.

Yes I am. I love the beach atmosphere, being in the water, seeing the sites, the chase, and the mystery of what's coming out of the sand next? Honestly, I can put on those headphones and get in the water and not have a care in the world......if I find "zip" it's still been a great day. :thumbsup:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I am. I love the beach atmosphere, being in the water, seeing the sites, the chase, and the mystery of what's coming out of the sand next? Honestly, I can put on those headphones and get in the water and not have a care in the world......if I find "zip" it's still been a great day. :thumbsup:

WHOOT! X2 I love it also!

but be careful, sometimes with that head down you find yourself in ANOTHER ZIPCODE hahaha. believe me I walked so far one time 'down' the beach, when I tured around I was like, holy &**& I have a long way back. couldn't even recognize anything lol
but I had a blast detecting all the way back :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread