Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
I would call Fisher and talk to Felix. He says most prefer the 8". I have both but use the 10" almost all the time because I am usaully out of the water most the time in wet sand. With the 10" I cover more area. In the water I prefer the 8". 8 is easier to swing in the water and better pinpointing. The 8" will pick up smaller jewlery better. The 10" will only get you about and inch deeper. Also if your going to hunt the dirt the 8" is better around trash.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would call Fisher and talk to Felix. He says most prefer the 8". I have both but use the 10" almost all the time because I am usaully out of the water most the time in wet sand. With the 10" I cover more area. In the water I prefer the 8". 8 is easier to swing in the water and better pinpointing. The 8" will pick up smaller jewlery better. The 10" will only get you about and inch deeper. Also if your going to hunt the dirt the 8" is better around trash.

great answer :icon_thumright:

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I own both the 8 inch model and the 10 inch model . You will feel the drag of the larger coil in the water and the weight of the larger coil when hunting on land . However , I carry the control box chest mounted which greatly reduces the weight of the unit . I really prefer to have the advantage the larger coil provides . Covers more ground and provides more depth. But that's just my prefrence . The 8 inch coil is also a great choice. Good luck , these are a great choice for water hunters.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 10 inch and have no problem swinging it 8 hours in the water. Even if it got the same depth as the 8 inch, there is no way I would give up the extra ground it covers. Oh yeah, its ten and a half inches. I just got mine and have only used it four times and found six rings. One junk, three silver and two gold.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
small coil goes deep enough - can get into the rocks better if needed
easier to pack - easier to pin point