The Sands of Change

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a steady crosscurrent and increased tides can expose/rearrange in a couple of days, the calming tides can gently cover back over in about that same amount of time. Opportunities don't often last very long on the east coast. It's amazing how quickly a beach can heal itself from the wounds suffered. Two days of calm tides.....and the rip area was nearly entirely filled back in with sand. When trying to take advantage of new cuts and such, "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today". :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the energy there is incredible. Tons of movement. I hope we can utilize that power some day.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have regretted many times thinking "I'll come back tomorrow" only to return to
several feet of sand covering yesterdays cut.

I did that very thing yesterday. We're having mild tides right now so I thought I could wait, showed up today at low tide and I didn't even have to step down into what was left of the cut & holes. Yesterday at low tide I was chest deep in the water at times, today I was hardly at my thighs. Bummer!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach have bigest POWER...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread