Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Metal Detecting Stuff

Thread: Ace 350 any good in brackish water?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro....

Jan 2011
    New Orleans
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer, Whites Prism
    815 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Ace 350 any good in brackish water?

I'm buying a 350 this week and planning a trip to a spot along the lake here. I've done really well in the dry sand there but from looking at old photos I can see a lot of the original beach is underwater now and I want to give it a shot in the shallows.

Is the Ace 350 up to the task? Will it perform well in brackish water? Any thoughts appreciated.
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

Now in the process of posting my antique photo collection at : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

us
    Dec 2011
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Ken View Post
    I'm buying a 350 this week and planning a trip to a spot along the lake here. I've done really well in the dry sand there but from looking at old photos I can see a lot of the original beach is underwater now and I want to give it a shot in the shallows.

Is the Ace 350 up to the task? Will it perform well in brackish water? Any thoughts appreciated.
    250 works fine in the river and lakes around me good luck.

us
    Mar 2012
    Spring TX
    CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro
    390 times
    If there is high salt concentration, just turn your sensitivity down to eliminate the chatter.
    hamiddetecting and Arconte like this.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9346 times
    If brackish you mean salt, yes it will cause you problems, you can turn the sense down till it is somewhat stable, but it is still going to give you false signals. 350 not designed to hunt salt water, but it is better than nothing if your wanting to hunt and dont have a true water detector.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us

Jan 2011
    New Orleans
    815 times
    Thanks for that info, I'll be hunting Lake Ponchartrain, I don't know how high the salt content is, but it does connect to the gulf. I'll definitely give it a try and see how it goes.
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

Now in the process of posting my antique photo collection at : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    1907 times
    Good start, i wish you luck.
    One third jewelry of the World are under sand so far
    Finds2014
    Coins usables=800
    Silver= 8 pieces
    Gold= 2 Rings

May 2012
    I live on the north shore in Slidell. I have a ace250 but haven't tried it around lake pontchartrain. I'm looking for some good places to go around the lake north or south if u have any suggestions. My wife an I are kinda new still. But post your finds!

us

Jan 2011
    New Orleans
    815 times
    Hi shern, I'm not really sure about places to go on the Northshore, I don't get over there much. South of the lake there are plenty of old parks that occasionally give up some good stuff. The place I was talking about here is old Ponchartrain Beach, but it's closed now since a couple guys drowned themselves jumping off the rocks. I'm hoping it'll be open again sometime this summer but who knows?

May 2012
    Ken
    Are you a member of the SHRRA?

us

Jan 2011
    New Orleans
    815 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shern_0711 View Post
    Ken
    Are you a member of the SHRRA?
    No, honestly that's the first I've heard of it, I'll have to look into it. Thanks!

May 2012
    SHRRA southern historical research and recovery assoc. I have only been a member a few months but they meet every month on the first Monday at Italian pie restaurant in Slidell.

Sponsors