The Resurrection of the Jolly Roger

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Resurrection of the Jolly Roger:

I first caught breeze of her a week ago while detecting the East Coast of Florida, my mind silently pondering the prospects of far away shores. On that day I couldn’t help but to feel that there was something eerie drifting about in the ocean breeze. The sun was just starting to rise and the appeared strangely tame and contained. Through the morning haze I thought, just for the tiniest moment, that I had perhaps seen the ghost-like silhouette of a sixteenth century pirate vessel cruising the distant horizon. In that instant a warm breeze slowly caressed my face in such a way that I actually felt my heart skip one or two beats. Calm, that’s what it was, and eerie and still calm that excited my instincts and ignited my imagination. And with that one brief moment I became inspired to do the unthinkable. I was going to resurrect the Jolly Roger!

And here it is! Believe it or not, I found her at a local flea market and bartered a fair price for her immediate release. Now she’s been fully refitted with everything any beach pirate might need for those long and daring raids on distant beaches. Cooler for the drinks and munchies, designated areas for the scoop and detector, a full multi-compartment excursion bag, and of course, a Captain’s seat and a holder for an umbrella or pirate flag. At the end of the day she folds right up for easy transporting, no anchorage required. From this moment on no distant shore will safe from my endless roaming and searching for treasure! ARG! HAR-HAR-HAR!

jolly Roger.jpg

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now that is a creative idea, bigscoop!

great idea.jpg

Your post was so interesting to read...your writing skills are of the highest quality, and are surpassed only by your detecting skills. :headbang:

I could use one of those up here , but only in the summertime unless the wheels could be fitted with chains to get through the winter snow.:laughing7:

Lorraine

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorraine,...(Thanks for the kind words.) I'm thinking, a sled and a reindeer for your winter hunts! :laughing7: Burt seriously, keep an eye on the local garage sales, I use to see them all the time up north but down here for some reason it seems they're harder to find. I just wanted something to haul everything I needed with me, plan on using it down at the Cape surf fishing as well. We'll give it a spin and see how it works out. Have a few distant beaches already in mind. Probably give it a go Monday or Tuesday?

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bigscoop, matey, I likes the cut o' yer jib! But I sez ta meself, this here sloop is missin' a key piece o' gear for repellin' all boarders:

IMG_0197.jpg

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, good idea. I wish you luck.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop, matey, I likes the cut o' yer jib! But I sez ta meself, this here sloop is missin' a key piece o' gear for repellin' all boarders:

IMG_0197.jpg

Ha..Ha. I could probably use that at some point.
I call my scoop my saber and my detector my cannon. But, I'm not really all the right in the head once I'm on the beach......:laughing7: Thank heaven I'm not making videos!

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is real nice Big.

I second that you write nicely. enjoy reading your posts!!

Hey, be safe tho....if a thick fog rolls toward shore on one of those eerie days, YOU RUN FAST in the other direction. Do not enter the fog!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread