Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone!

Im Melissa and I live in Tennessee. That doesn't have much to do with my reason for posting but I thought I'd introduce myself. ;)
I have a sister who lives in Florida, she is the best big sister anyone could ask for. She is forever doing for everyone else and never gets all the wonderful things she deserves. She is in a tough spot and has been for several years. She is out of work and has not been able to find a job despite all of her efforts. Any way, she used to go detecting a lot with my parents when I was a kid and she loved it. She never does anything that is relatively relaxing or fun. I want to do something for her.
I want to get a detector for her that she can use at the beach and hopefully on dry land too. Im going to sell some of my jewelry to do this for her but I dont have a huge amount of finds to sell yet so I am limited to what I can purchase.
I was hoping for some advice from you all. What detector would you recommend I get for her? I thought I read once that an Ace 250 worked ok on the beaches in Florida but I dont know if thats true or if it is just my faulty memory. If you all laugh at the thought of an Ace 250 anywhere near salt water please give me some suggestions. I very much appreciate any time and help you can give me.
Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sent you a PM

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that the 250 would probaly be ok if she stayed in the sandy part of the beach. You might want to look for a used detector for around the same price that can be used anywhere on the beach. I emphatize with your sis. Got laid off in July and just now got offered a job. Good luck to you both.

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
s.c.shooter said:
I think that the 250 would probaly be ok if she stayed in the sandy part of the beach. You might want to look for a used detector for around the same price that can be used anywhere on the beach. I emphatize with your sis. Got laid off in July and just now got offered a job. Good luck to you both.

S.c. Shooter. Thank you, I really appreciate your help. I so glad you got a job. My sister had been searching for 3 years and taking any house cleaning job she can find in the meantime. Shes been a hard worker all her life and this has hit her so hard. She is also taking care of her grandson and every stray animal and person that comes across her path LOL. She has a heart of gold and I am so proud of her. She deserves something good.
Casper has got me set up I do believe. Ive just got to get these rings sold. Thanks again

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Her detector is being shipped out tomorrow!!! Yayyy. Thanks everyone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread