Warmer water, warmer sand....

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
First time I have heard that theory. Sounds interesting. Anybody got an answer on this line of thought?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warmer water, warmer sand brings out the eye candy which is more fun to watch.:laughing7:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Now there is no disputing Sandmans thoughts on that.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Warmer water, warmer sand...........equals more depth and greater sensitivity. Sure seems to be working out that way for me

Very true, Heat along with the changing saline conditions of summer weather patterns can have a adverse affect on all, special the larger coils

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
There I go, showing my ignorance again! Great thoughts on the less than obvious Big. OBN you always teach us that we can always learn more about this hobby everyday. Now that brings a new line of thought to me on studying which coil size is best in which season of the year and in which section of the coast. How much will increased salinity affect each coil size and by how much at each temperature range. This is becoming a more interesting thread to me all the time. I will be doing some research tonight on this. Please excuse my learning curve, I hope to be near you guys level of thought and education someday. As always, attention to details can make a hugh effect on. Results. Thanks!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Search n recovery

I hope to be near you guys level of thought and education someday
I still consider myself a rookie in many ways, I guess because there are so many possibilities and not enough time.

Last edited:

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Warmer water and warmer sand......mean more people in the water loosing stuff for me :laughing7: We are long over due.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I live,massachusetts south of boston the water temp at best is 70 degrees july august only. Thats when people lose there jewelry because the water is cold, and hands shrink in cold water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread