Connecticut Hunters Past Finds Series # 1 Craig "aka" Cfmct-PI

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
Thanks Joe... those are mostly PI PRO and Dual Field finds a few of them are GT finds but as you know I hunt with the PI most of the time ;) Can't wait to see your other vids of CT hunters..

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That puts it in perspective doesnt it? That represents a lot of hours.... so who's next? I think ive got gold envy.

Dew

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and great video. Thank you for sharing.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Nice video! Now that is a lot of gold! I have got to get to the beach this week and find a little gold for myself after seeing all that treasure! Only question is, which will find more gold for me, the Duel Field or the Excal II? So much ocean so little time.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Simple an awesome Video featuring an awesome hunter.

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
First off its all about being in the right spot at the right time... if your beaches in the water or wet sand have alot of iron trash then go with the Excal but if they are clean go with a PI...

Nice video! Now that is a lot of gold! I have got to get to the beach this week and find a little gold for myself after seeing all that treasure! Only question is, which will find more gold for me, the Duel Field or the Excal II? So much ocean so little time.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Thanks Craig. I am getting used to the excal II ( 4 gold rings in eight days hunting since buying it ). Having so much fun learning on it that I have kind of neglected my poor old Dual Field so far this year. I have to use the right machine for the appropriate conditions, just hard not to play with a new toy when you first get it. I still do not have a two gold ring day yet, so I know I have a lot to learn about reading the beach and surf.

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Thanks Craig. I am getting used to the excal II ( 4 gold rings in eight days hunting since buying it ). Having so much fun learning on it that I have kind of neglected my poor old Dual Field so far this year. I have to use the right machine for the appropriate conditions, just hard not to play with a new toy when you first get it. I still do not have a two gold ring day yet, so I know I have a lot to learn about reading the beach and surf.

Both the PI and a VLF have their places on the beach... a couple years ago I found a washed out spot at the bottom of the slope... I had my GT with me and my friends had their PI machines they couldn't hunt the spot as it was loaded with iron but I hit it for 2 days with the GT and pulled 7 gold rings before it filled in again with a couple feet of sand... that was a fun hunt for me :)

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really awesome video.:leprechaun-hat:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow!!!! If my landscaper only had the time I don't think I'd ever see him again!!!!

Truly impressive!!!!

Joe, video nicely done, just the right length. Great job!!!!

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome !!!
I think I am the guy that got Craig to get his first PI

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Yeah we chit chatted about it Casper ;) that PI PRO found me alot of gold... I might be heading to the cape this summer so maybe we can hook up...

Thats awesome !!!
I think I am the guy that got Craig to get his first PI

OP
OP
PI JOE

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone glad you enjoyed the video. Hey CASPER-2, You're on the list! ;)

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread