Memorial day hunt CWB

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
The waves were high for Clearwater beach, and oh did they ever smack me around! Results of 4 hours hunting! A bunch of change, one earring, and a pandora style charm bracelet! Oh yes the water was rough with current pulling me sideways, and ScoopZilla wind vaning in the surf. I got smacked several times with it. Oh yes and the waves did knock me off my feet, and came up spitting ocean water and I lost my hat.

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow::BangHead::laughing7: :icon_scratch: I wish you luck next hunt..

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent a little time in the long currents this morning and they're still a bit too stiff to do any effective hunting. Was a little bummed to discover that all of my favorite troughs but one were completely filled in with sand......sort of caused me to have to switch motions this morning. Found my share of deep sinkers and coins but nothing to write home about. Didn't lose too much sand on the beaches around here, not enough to make any difference anyway. Oh well, maybe in a couple of days the deeper water will settle back down a bit.

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
definately not worth it. I went out Suday and got kicked around. I'm waiting for things to calm down.

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in the water Sunday at Turtle beach. I also felt like I was in a washing machine.I did score a ww2 5o cal. shell,these are cool to find.I then tried Siesta Key beach,but it was way to crowded and the water was also rough.

OP
OP
kc10bull

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Oh yes I forgot to tell everyone. I was approached by no less than half a dozen people asking me if i had found their sunglasses. Hummm lets see, real cloudy day, big waves for the gulf. Oh yes I saw 3 pairs of sunglasses in the surf, they were moving so fast i couldn't catch them before getting mowed over by crashing waves!!!!! Why do people wear sunglasses in those type of conditions :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread