Swinging in the trenches.....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....current is still pretty strong, actually still quite a bit too strong to be very effective. WOT was a poor choice today, just too much drag to maintain any true level of efficiency. I waded into one trough I found that didn't get filled in with sand from the storm and found several deep targets, much to my disliking on account of the strong current which really made retrieving them a complete task of displeasure. I spent about an hour and half this morning in the trough and then I called it quits once the tide started coming back in on me. Just not a lot of jewelry out there to be found right now and with the added sand fill between the bars it's probably going to be slow for a while longer.

junk1.jpg

Upvote 0

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Brother, my morning looked about the same,you'll gettem next time. .....Gold and a cold beer

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation! I wish you luck next hunt.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO that is a very nice ratio of high specific gravity targets to low ones.

That crusted up pull tab was actually fairly deep and I was hoping for the best, but.......not to be. It never really sounded quite right anyway. Oh well.....maybe next time.

Last edited:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bigscoop....that's a nice amount of coins:hello2:

Your hunt was better than most of mine.

Lorraine

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop....that's a nice amount of coins:hello2:

Your hunt was better than most of mine.

Lorraine

I don't normally find that many targets in a relatively small area or on such a short hunt. Today I hunted for about three hours and I only plucked a pair of sunglasses, a brass zipper tag, a 2oz. lead weight, a pull tab, one nickel, one dime, and two pennies. And all of them were shallow targets. And the pull tab was a drifter that kept moving around on me. :laughing7: I hate that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread